Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alex Johnson - Well done post

Goes up to 11
    AJ had a fine game last night and a great year for someone who wasn't expected to have an impact. Well done lad - now make sure there's no second year blues!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swans_premiers View Post
    Parker was good when he came on too.
    Should have started the game on the ground. A strong body who could have mixed it with them in the first half when we needed some hardness. Must be in the starting 22 next year. Johnson was pretty good when the likes of Kennelly and Mattner were found very wanting.

he is becoming one of my favorite players because of his preparedness to work within his limitations. but he needs to spend all summer kicking the ball at targets - having said that its a pretty fair assessment of probably three quarters of our club. the kick from mcveigh to the centre corridor about thirty metres in front of shaw was another example of skills costing us big time.

Regular in the Side
    Just learn to kick through the ball, give up the love tap . This is also true for a few other swans.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He was wonderful last night, fantastic composure for one so young.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Really like AJ and he had a great game.

His kicking is @@@@house though and something he definitely needs to work on.

I don't get why people are suggesting AJ's kicking is @@@@house. He's a very solid kick. I'd have him as one of the more reliable and intelligent users by foot in the side. He's not penetrating, but he gets the job done. The fact that he's 7th last for average clangers per game (a much better stat than disposal efficiency for a defender) at the club is testament to that.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I don't get why people are suggesting AJ's kicking is @@@@house. He's a very solid kick. I'd have him as one of the more reliable and intelligent users by foot in the side. He's not penetrating, but he gets the job done. The fact that he's 7th last for average clangers per game (a much better stat than disposal efficiency for a defender) at the club is testament to that.
    I'm with you, I don't think his kicking is any worse than three quarters of the rest of our team.

Blog Entries
    His first kick was abysmal, missed his target 20 mtrs away.

But otherwise he has a great footy brain and shows composure years above his age.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    His first kick was abysmal, missed his target 20 mtrs away.

But otherwise he has a great footy brain and shows composure years above his age.
    Spot on.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Love his attitude, and agree he was robbed of a Rising Star nomination. Just keep going as you began AJ, we will be delighted.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

By far the most suprising of the youngsters to find a regular spot this year AJ, but I have been so pleased with what he has done all season. Can't believe he didn't get a rising star nomination, as he looks well and truly like a 10 year + defender for us.

Works hard on the field and most importantly he is cool and very calm, and has footy smarts well beyond his age. I'm not so concerned about his kicking, as that will develop with time and I think generally his kicking was just fine.Very pleased to see him emerge, especially considering the loss of Bolton at the start of the season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast