Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alex Johnson - Well done post

AJ has the composure of a senior player, in fact he is a bit better in that regard to many other seniors (I am not referring to Swans, I am saying in general). He has a couple of years to grow into his body (assuming he does) I have no fears about this kid. He belongs. He reminds me a bit of Andrew Schauble, and that's not a bad thing!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Just watched the grand final replay (again!!) and I thought I saw a similiarity between the way AJ and Micky O mark the ball. By that I mean that they both seem to 'curl' around the ball. Is this just me or or anybody else noticed this?
    AJ is fast becoming one of my favourite players with the mighty bloods. And he is still so young.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    Just watched the grand final replay (again!!) and I thought I saw a similiarity between the way AJ and Micky O mark the ball. By that I mean that they both seem to 'curl' around the ball. Is this just me or or anybody else noticed this?
    AJ is fast becoming one of my favourite players with the mighty bloods. And he is still so young.
    I know AJ personally. Played footy with him. I never thought he would come this far, was a forward as a junior and mind you was brilliant at it, but never thought he'd make it as a defender.

One of the best tanks in the AFL, ran the tan and was first for oakleigh chargers and one of the best at the swans. Composed, good decision maker, determined. He'll be an unsung hero for years to come.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

If he was brilliant as a forward, why did he/was he switched? I'm very happy about the switch, don't get me wrong, just curious.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    If he was brilliant as a forward, why did he/was he switched? I'm very happy about the switch, don't get me wrong, just curious.
    He played as a backman as a junior aswell as a forward. During his younger years he was an absolute gun forward, im talking under 13's, 14's etc though. He had one of the best athletic bases and when we played west coast at their home ground, bolton was injured and we needed someone to play on Darling. Horse called Johno and said do you want to come to WC? That's when his career began. True story.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123