Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Chance of the Players

Quote Originally Posted by thejones,s View Post
    I know i may be dreaming but is it just me or would others like the players to give them something more than showing there backs as they walk off the ground after a loss..case in question was last night they simply ignored there fans who all season support them..
    Looks like it's just you.

Personally I think it would look kinda silly making them walk off the field backwards so they don't have their backs to the fans, but what would I know...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

I can't think of any team playing us who lost who have gone and thanked their fans for turning up. the celebrations are for the victors, not the losers. Especially at finals time. When you have a big bloke like Jesse in tears, .... I mean, they are human - not super human. No, I wouldn't want them to come over and clap me. Its like I would be celebrating them losing the game. ick.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Senior Player
    Sorry Jonesy, you're on your ace on this one!

Senior Player
    Sorry mate, that's the footy way! To the winners the spoils. The losers - get off! Even when it's your team.

One exception in recent years was the last SCG game in 2009. The Lions won, but were gracious enough to stand aside for Micky O, Leo and Crouchy to do their final lap of honour. That was a special occasion, though.

I thought Saints were tossers for staying on the field after we beat them last weekend, so no, absolutely not. You lose, you leave.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12