• Jesse White

21 26.58%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Delistings 2011

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Who should go???
    Fortunately, that's not our decision.

I think putting a list up like that is a bit crass.
    Your too nice Annie.

Topics like this generate some good discussion and it's always interesting to see how some peoples thought's are the complete opposite to others.

Bevan, Moore and Sumner are those that maybe delisted. Seaby could go in a trade.

Although I would like to keep the Bulldog to captain the magoo's (and as a senior back-up), I don't think that's going to happen.

I think the retirements have done most of the work for us.

Alot of the players you would bandy about as possible delistings like Everitt, Bevan, Moore are handy depth players in case some of your harder bodies suffer injuries during the season.

Currie's really the only one (I recall there were some who thought he was gone last year), but we're light for rucks atm, and if Seaby goes he's no chance.

Sumner has no value so if he goes to Adelaide or Port it will be through the PSD.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

i would like Sumner back !!!
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Living in 2005
    If Gerard Healy's view tonight "On the couch" on Jesse White's work ethic and fitness is matched at Driver Ave, JW could be in trouble!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    If Gerard Healy's view tonight "On the couch" on Jesse White's work ethic and fitness is matched at Driver Ave, JW could be in trouble!
    I saw that and it was damning. Just showed him as a lazy footballer who seemed to be in a different zone than the rest of the players on the ground. That footage of him strolling in from the boundary as the ball was about to be bounced, not realizing/knowing that it was him who was the one who was supposed to be in the contest. No second efforts, no chase efforts. Interestingly Roos made no attempt to defend him. The only club that will take him in a trade is one whose coach thinks he can make a silk purse out of sows ear.

Then they showed Darling of the WCE delivering off half back then running to take a mark inside 50 from which he goaled in the last quarter.

It was a fair swipe, wasn't it.

I just wonder if Roosy put them up to it as some sort of kick up the bum to hopefully get Jesse totally motivated for the off-season.

I'm struggling to remember a player getting such a bagging as they did. And Roosy never rushed to his defence either...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    And Roosy never rushed to his defence either...
    because he would have lost ALL credibility if he had !!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Didn't exactly hold back did they? To be fair to Jesse, he may have been carrying something in the last few games. Alternatively, he just doesn't have the engine to be an AFL key forward. Either way, I suggest he takes the criticism to heart and finds out what it takes, beyond some flash tattoos, to be a genuine AFL star.

It'll be a massive pre-season for a couple of our forwards. TDL and Jesse need to work their butts off to get up to AFL standard on fitness and physicality. If they can't do it and make a statement next year their careers will be in jeopardy.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

So what are our mandatory pickups in the draft/pre draft, how many?
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

Chris Dawes and Travis Boak...KP forward and a bit of youngish silk :-)
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I saw that and it was damning. Just showed him as a lazy footballer who seemed to be in a different zone than the rest of the players on the ground. That footage of him strolling in from the boundary as the ball was about to be bounced, not realizing/knowing that it was him who was the one who was supposed to be in the contest. No second efforts, no chase efforts. Interestingly Roos made no attempt to defend him. The only club that will take him in a trade is one whose coach thinks he can make a silk purse out of sows ear.

Then they showed Darling of the WCE delivering off half back then running to take a mark inside 50 from which he goaled in the last quarter.
    The interesting thing about it, and of course stats can be deceiving yadda yadda yadda, is that in the SF Jesse had more 1%ers than any other Swan, and the second most tackles- so for the sake of grabbing some other footage they probably could have made a point the other way, too. Did Gerrard happen to mention that?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast