Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Be warned, check first...

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I'd be devastated. And whether I'm supporting the team he went to financially has no bearing on that. I will want GWS to win games whether or not I buy a membership. If Reid wins them games, I'll be happy insofar as it achieves that goal. It won't make losing him any easier to swallow.
    Let me ask you a general question about being a member of different clubs.

Suppose the Swans are drawn to play Port Adelaide at the SCG on the same day as GWS are drawn to play Collingwood out at Homebush. Which game would you choose to attend, if timing or other commitments prevented you from attending both?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post

Suppose the Swans are drawn to play Port Adelaide at the SCG on the same day as GWS are drawn to play Collingwood out at Homebush. Which game would you choose to attend, if timing or other commitments prevented you from attending both?
    Love this question!!!

Torn between two lovers, feeling like a fool. Loving both of you is breaking all the rules.
    Torn between two lovers ...
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Tape GWS and watch the Swans of course!! Priorities come in to it. And I can quite frankly admit that I have red and white retinas; same as most. But if it was a day game and an evening one, on the same day, then both.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veteran Site Admin

It is almost certain they won't be fixtured that way. We can expect one team to be playing at home when the other is away, as happens with the SA and WA teams.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    It is almost certain they won't be fixtured that way. We can expect one team to be playing at home when the other is away, as happens with the SA and WA teams.
    What a relief.

On the Rookie List
    That's the theory.

But I can't help thinking that if you're a Swans member who's prepared to invest in some sort of GWS membership, at some stage you're going to develop an emotional attachment to them.

You would have to be happy when they beat every other team, except the Swans. And if we lost Reid to them, and he kicked the winning goal for GWS against any team other than the Swans, I can't see how, as a GWS member, you'd be unhappy with that.
    Wow, I wonder if crows and port supporters think like that as cross town rivals, or freo and eagles? I think not, personally though I really hope it can work for them because they will be up against it and it is a huge gamble by the AFL but on the other hand I hope we beat GWS to a pulp when we play them.

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Wow, I wonder if crows and port supporters think like that as cross town rivals, or freo and eagles? I think not, personally though I really hope it can work for them because they will be up against it and it is a huge gamble by the AFL but on the other hand I hope we beat GWS to a pulp when we play them.
    If they hold memberships for both clubs, they probably do.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Both teams in those respective States share one stadium.
    We won't be sharing an oval with the bogans, so there's no reason why they couldn't put two games on at the same time in Sydney.
    Separate the men from the boys.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    For broadcast reasons alone, they won't even schedule two matches (non Vic of course) from the one state at the same time. Anyway, even if it were hypothetically were to happen I still fail to see the point of the question. Maybe some fans will rank one team higher than the other, some may elect to go to a Swans game this time and then the Giants the next time a clash happens. Doesn't mean they can't be members/supporters of both teams.

Bas, tag...

Not a million to one chance that Sydney and GWS will be playing at the same time, other than against each other.

But to humour you, what are Port and Collingwood's ladder position at the time of these hypothetical games that will never happen? What are the Swans and GWS's ladder positions and what part of the season is it? Do either team need to win to make the 8? Do I still get free travel to Homebush with my gameday ticket and will it still cost $20 to park at Moore Park?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Bas, tag...

Not a million to one chance that Sydney and GWS will be playing at the same time, other than against each other.

But to humour you, what are Port and Collingwood's ladder position at the time of these hypothetical games that will never happen? What are the Swans and GWS's ladder positions and what part of the season is it? Do either team need to win to make the 8? Do I still get free travel to Homebush with my gameday ticket and will it still cost $20 to park at Moore Park?
    I didn't ask you.

I didn't ask you.
    I had a feeling those questions would be too hard for you...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast