Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Be warned, check first...

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    For me, I don't know what sort of emotional attachment I am going to develop with GWS. Could be love, could be hate. No doubt it will be made up of a whole range of objective and subjective factors and will no doubt swing from week to week and season to season.

Would I be unhappy if Sam, or any of our players left the Swans? Of course I'd be gutted. But if they want to go they can go.

That bears no relation to whether or not I choose to go to a non-Swans game. The money I'm putting into GWS is the same money I put into any team when we play away, or if I stroll along to Etihad or the MCG to watch a game when I'm in town. I feel no attachment or conflict other than the prospect of watching some live, and hopefully good, footy. As much as I love Foxtel it just isn't the same as being there.

I do have a strong attachment to the growth of the code in NSW so am happy to support GWS, and therefore the AFL.

I dunno Lucky. I reckon it all depends on their abs. At the moment Kane Murphy has my complete loyalty, but if he gets nabbed by GWS, I could be in trouble.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I hope this comes off, would be little left for Sam if it did...

Sheedy sets sights on Hurley
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I do have a strong attachment to the growth of the code in NSW so am happy to support GWS, and therefore the AFL.
    +1
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I hope this comes off, would be little left for Sam if it did...

Sheedy sets sights on Hurley
    When I read that I just thought it's Sheedy giving a leg up to Jimmy so he looks like the golden boy when Hurley re-signs.

For me, I don't know what sort of emotional attachment I am going to develop with GWS. Could be love, could be hate. No doubt it will be made up of a whole range of objective and subjective factors and will no doubt swing from week to week and season to season.

Would I be unhappy if Sam, or any of our players left the Swans? Of course I'd be gutted. But if they want to go they can go.

That bears no relation to whether or not I choose to go to a non-Swans game. The money I'm putting into GWS is the same money I put into any team when we play away, or if I stroll along to Etihad or the MCG to watch a game when I'm in town. I feel no attachment or conflict other than the prospect of watching some live, and hopefully good, footy. As much as I love Foxtel it just isn't the same as being there.

Putting aside emotional attachments to either club, and how you rank them, I'm wondering if you'll end up spending less on the Swans, in order to help financially support GWS?

Goes up to 11
    When I read that I just thought it's Sheedy giving a leg up to Jimmy so he looks like the golden boy when Hurley re-signs.
    Is it just me that thinks that Sheeds is struggling for relevance, so he keeps throwing up these 'look at me! look at me!' sort of outrageous statements that are getting gobbled up by the (predominantly Melbourne) media???

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Is it just me that thinks that Sheeds is struggling for relevance, so he keeps throwing up these 'look at me! look at me!' sort of outrageous statements that are getting gobbled up by the (predominantly Melbourne) media???
    It's the reason he got the gig in the first place, he's the master of the outrageous statement and has been making them for years, unless of course you believe there really were Martians.

The AFL are paying him handsomely for the profile and getting GWS into the papers any way he can.

I'm surprised you don't see that.

Veteran Site Admin
    It's the reason he got the gig in the first place, he's the master of the outrageous statement and has been making them for years, unless of course you believe there really were Martians.

The AFL are paying him handsomely for the profile and getting GWS into the papers any way he can.

Absolutely. He was the perfect man for the job. GWS just need to ensure that Mark Williams (and Mark Harvey if he joins) are the ones charged with actually developing the kids and devising the tactics.

I think Sheeds is doing a fantastic job in promoting GWS. He's certainly the right man for the job imo. He's also very smart in hiring someone like Choco who will do most of the hands on coaching duties and leave Sheeds to promote the club.

Edit: Ditto to Liz.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Goes up to 11

I see it. I don't think he's being taken too seriously here in Sydney though. I guess my point is that although his antics might be getting a lot of attention in Melbourne, people in Sydney perhaps aren't paying him as much attention as he'd like. If he thinks that the majority of Sydneysiders will blindly accept whatever he says he has a lot to learn about this town.....

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I see it. I don't think he's being taken too seriously here in Sydney though. I guess my point is that although his antics might be getting a lot of attention in Melbourne, people in Sydney perhaps aren't paying him as much attention as he'd like. If he thinks that the majority of Sydneysiders will blindly accept whatever he says he has a lot to learn about this town.....
    It doesn't matter if they take him seriously or not, it doesn't matter that they aren't blindly accepting whatever he says.

What matters is that every so often he gets his name, or more to the point GWS' name into the media.

It's a tough gig, the Swans have struggled to get a decent run in the paper for 30 years and they still get SFA, even after a sustained run of finals reaching success since the mid-nineties.

I wouldn't take any outrageous statement from Sheedy as a sign of desperation, just him doing his job...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast