Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Go on the record: How does it play out from now?

Pies/Eagles - Pies win.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Last year I admit I wanted the entire two grand final teams to fall down dead just before the first bounce. That would have been a good outcome for me.

I just hate that whole dynasty crap (not of the big hair/shoulder pad variety) all 4 of these teams have gone on with over the years (whether they deserve it or not) so I would like some spontaneous combustion tonight and tomorrow night then the Swans play Carlton and we win by 2 points and Judd cries.

Dan Hannebery elects himself fit to play and wins Norm Smith with one arm in a sling.

Ok - Cat Pie

Cats victorious.
    Last edited by Lucky Knickers; 23rd September 2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Forgot the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Last year I admit I wanted the entire two grand final teams to fall down dead just before the first bounce. That would have been a good outcome for me.
    and Judd cries
    too right sister - I would love nothing more than seeing McGuire combust, then Buckley combust, and the Cats win by a couple of points in the last 2 minutes, the interestingly handsome Lingy holding up the cup and announcing his retirement. How lucky has Chris Scott been walking into a club like Geelong.? GO CATS!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    I'm going for Collingwood-Geelong grand final, becase let's face it even if you hate these two teams, it would be something of an injustice if they never played off in a grand final after dominating the last few years.

West Coast going from last to first would be a great story, the Roosters nearly pulled it off in the NRL last year, but I don't think they can beat the Cats at the 'G.

Edit: forgot to nominate a winner! Geelong premiers for mine.

Before the Pies-Hawks games I would've called a Collingwood win over the Cats next week.

But halfway through the 3rd quarter in the PF the Hawks are on fire and Collingwood look underdone.

I'm tipping Hawks to knock out Magpies but to go down to the Cats next week.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    If it is a Hawks-Cats grand final, this might make it interesting... Geelong haven't beaten Hawthorn in a grand final since 1963. Some say this is because of an old Geelong tradition of burying the opposing team's mascot in a mock funeral after beating them in a grand final, apparently after they beat the Hawks in 1963 someone actually shot a hawk for that purpose, which is what cursed the Cats. It would seem that the football gods were appeased after the Hawks beat Geelong in 2008, as Geelong haven't lost to the Hawks since, but it will be interesting!

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Please please let the pies choke
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I tell you what...I'm worried about Felicity having a "harry met sally" moment in the stands!
    Last edited by Lucky Knickers; 23rd September 2011 at 11:33 PM.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    If the pies lose their fans will fight each other and knock out their three remaining teeth
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Has to be Collingwood-Geelong; if it's C'wood vs West Coast there's no way I could even watch the thing. We beat Geelong, so I'm feeling benevolent toward them and wish them the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Before the Pies-Hawks games I would've called a Collingwood win over the Cats next week.

But halfway through the 3rd quarter in the PF the Hawks are on fire and Collingwood look underdone.

The only thing wrong with my bold prediction is it only lasted 30 minutes.

Damn you Luke Ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    If it is a Hawks-Cats grand final, this might make it interesting... Geelong haven't beaten Hawthorn in a grand final since 1963. Some say this is because of an old Geelong tradition of burying the opposing team's mascot in a mock funeral after beating them in a grand final, apparently after they beat the Hawks in 1963 someone actually shot a hawk for that purpose, which is what cursed the Cats. It would seem that the football gods were appeased after the Hawks beat Geelong in 2008, as Geelong haven't lost to the Hawks since, but it will be interesting!
    Talk about changing times. Imagine if someone went out today and shot some wildlife on the grounds that "it'll help us win the grannie."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast