Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2011 B&F predictions, results and event recollections

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Anyone listening to the music during the intermission on the broadcast right now?? Geeez, I hope the kids aren't listening.

Why?
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

One song was some chick singing about sex over some looped music including a line about doing something with the guys 'd***' and yes, she did actually say the word. Just found it a strange choice.

Glad to see your comment that its 'intermission', I just logged on to enjoy some of the fun and could only hear muzak type noise, so I wondered what was going on.

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Anyone else's frozen?
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Veteran Site Admin
    Interesting leader board thus far. I think many of us had the impression that Big Mummy had just an OK start to the season, obviously hampered by the lingering effects of his off-season knee issues. And yet he sits atop the leaderboard after eight games. The five matches he miss will probably cost him any chance of actually taking out the award, despite his fantastic tail end of the season. But if he does ever manage to play a season without missing more than a game or two, he must be an absolute certainly to win a BS or two in his time with the club.

Marty Mattner has polled better than I had expected, and Ted a little worse. Otherwise the names at the top don't come as a surprise. I predicted Rhyce would finish top 3 and I am firming in that prediction after the first third of the count.

On the veteran's list
    One song was some chick singing about sex over some looped music including a line about doing something with the guys 'd***' and yes, she did actually say the word. Just found it a strange choice.
    Are you sure you haven't accidentally tuned into the St Kilda B&F count!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Are you sure you haven't accidentally tuned into the St Kilda B&F count!

Johnson is a good kid and a nice prospect, but gee some people on here massively over rate him. No chance he will be top 10.

That was at the start, blew me away when I heard it haha.
    Last edited by ABloodsMan; 7th October 2011 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Quoted wrong post :)

Results are in. I won't name them cos I'm not sure about spoilers on this thread. I will say that I think the top 3 is very reasonable and congratulations to all.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Results are in. I won't name them cos I'm not sure about spoilers on this thread. I will say that I think the top 3 is very reasonable and congratulations to all.
    No need to worry about spoilers. Anyone watching it would either have seen it live on Swans TV or will still be dancing the night away at the event.

Congratulations to Goodsey. Champion in every sense of the word.

And well done also to Shaw and JPK. What wonderfully underappreciated recruits from their previous clubs.

Full top 10 was

Goodes
    JPK=
    Shaw=
    ROK
    Teddy
    Smiffy
    Hanners
    Big Mummy
    Benny Mac
    Macca

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    That's a Goodes call Doctor as Joey was a Shaw thing for a top 3 and you didn't want to give it away.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast