Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2011 B&F predictions, results and event recollections

Veterans List
    Oh, I forgot to mention that Tadhg is staying in Oz. I asked if that was with the Swans and he said no, he plans to go elsewhere for a while and then come back to the club.

And LRT is hoping to move back into defence next year. He's such a gentle gentleman.

The highlights reels of Tadhg, B2 and Goodes were brilliant. Such talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    We spoke to a few players but not Rohan.

TDL - has signed for another two years. says he knows what he has to do to be ready to play seniors.

Spoke to Jesse for a while - very nice man. Seemed as frustrated by his inconsistency as we are. said he's not taking a brwak as he want to train up to be ready to resume training as he said coming in late this season cost him fitness when he needed it.

Jude - signed for next year, got a dubious hand wave for after that.

Teddy - he sat with us for trivia so I know him a bit. I said I gave up on the team after the Tigers game and he said he knew how I felt and they were in the rooms after the game saying "what the hell happened - and how do we make sure it doesn't happen again?" Agreed that it might be the game that turns the whole teams thinking around to go up to the next level.

Spang - only heard of the Stayin' Alive strut thing when Teddy found it and showed him. Nice guy, loving Sydney and the Swans.

Mike Pyke - heading back to Canada for the break as his sister (?) has just had a baby. Hoping that he and Mummy team up next year with Mike as alternate ruckman.

Mummy said he came back for training a bit overweight this year so is determined not to do it again this time.

It was a very relaxed night I thought. And a lot less speeches than last year's big retirements. The players were even more relaxed than usual and all were up for a chat. Of course, Goodes was surrounded but handled it with really good humour and patience. My wife greatly admires him but doesn't want to appear a groupie. I told Adam that and gave him her name and said I'd try to bring her over later. When I did (her with great reluctance) he greeted her by name and chatted with her for a while then even took my IPhone to fix the camera when it froze at the wrong moment. Where's Steve Jobs when you need him? Talking to Adam was a great way to end the night so we left about the time the party animals were moving into high gear.

But that leaves out Rhyce Shaw. Yes the dancing was entertaining and he was certainly putting on the moves. His speech was very funny - especially about how his parents went to the Gold Coast instead of attending and he hoped they were having a great time up there. It was worthy of note the number of other players who mentioned him in their speeches - you got the feeling that he's the glue that holds the group so closely together.

Didn't talk to Nick Smith or Sam Reid but they came across as really nice kids, who both spoke very well.

Geez Bobby Skilton is short! And Barry Round is huge and shows some excellent nominative determinism.
    have to agree (and forgot to mention that you and I had a chat whilst your lovely new bride got to park the car!) it did seem alot more relaxed this year, the speeches were the right length, everyone was having a great time and there was no pretension. And I did love it when Rhyce was having a light hearted go at his parents - that was gold. And you are right GS Rhyce has become the glue, and the boys are sticking to him - who'd have thought it!!! Maybe he might try and persuade Heath to come up here and get his act together too!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

And Barry Round is huge and shows some excellent nominative determinism.
    Nominative determinism refers to the theory that a person's name is given an influential role in reflecting key attributes of their job, profession, or general life. It was a commonly held philosophy in the ancient world.

Geez the things you learn on RWO !! My name must be Aardvark Slackandlazy.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Tadhg is staying in Oz. I asked if that was with the Swans and he said no, he plans to go elsewhere for a while and then come back to the club.

And LRT is hoping to move back into defence next year. He's such a gentle gentleman.

The highlights reels of Tadhg, B2 and Goodes were brilliant. Such talent.
    We appear to hve been working opposite sides of the room. So glad that your assessment of LRT is the same as mine has been for (as it turns out) a long time. He is indeed a gentle soul. So NOT a footy type.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Nominative determinism refers to the theory that a person's name is given an influential role in reflecting key attributes of their job, profession, or general life. It was a commonly held philosophy in the ancient world.

Geez the things you learn on RWO !! My name must be Aardvark Slackandlazy.
    Big Al likes this theory.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Great report again this year from Primmy as usual.

Thank you for the photo last night. It was great to see you all there and i wish I had been there. Modern technology is amazing and thank you again so much to think of me on "Daddy" duties.

I took the kids to the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards a stone throw away at the Ent Cent and as we arrived there in the afternoon, we walked past a "suit" with a Swans tie and I felt terrible "heart" pains.

I had to put up with watching Natalie Bassingthwaite in a short dress and slimed up, prancing around the stage. Doesn't sound half as good as watching Rhys and Garry. OK maybe I lied a liitle bit there.

I'm guessing the first trades of trade week started last night with Big Al exchanging his phone number with a few Ladies. Much better to do pre-season with a friend than alone !

I'll look forward to reading and hearing more stories of the night as the memories gradually return.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Only say's what we already know...

Gary Rohan [2yr or 3yr contract extension reported but not verified]

I'd have expected one of the attendees last night to verify it once and for all. There has been too much confusion over it and I'd sleep better knowing for sure.
    This doesn't actually answer your question Trips but it points us to the conclusion that Big Red is planning on hanging round for a while;
    I had the pleasure of having a nice chat with the ginger ninjas long term GF last night, a stunning young lady in every sense of the word (talk about punching above his weight), and she was telling me that he is looking to buy a house in Coogee and she will be moving up to Sydney when she finishes school later this year to join him. I said I hoped that meant he had no plans on going anywhere and she said that no, he was a Swan, he loves it here and he is going NOWHERE!
    So, while not exactly from the horses mouth, a pretty good pointer I think.

Sounds promising, thx Jewels
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

He's buying a house! What happened to the time when a 19/20 yo aimed at getting his first car, a third hand Datsun! as his major purchase in life, with perhaps a surf safari up the coast thrown in as the start of an independent life!

I feel old.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

It's ok Primmy, that's still the case for most young people. Not all of us start earning 125,000 a year when we step out of school.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    He's buying a house! What happened to the time when a 19/20 yo aimed at getting his first car, a third hand Datsun! as his major purchase in life, with perhaps a surf safari up the coast thrown in as the start of an independent life!

I feel old.
    Smart move though. The house is never gonna go down in price. Wish I'd been able to buy in Coogee when I was not yet 21; God, I wish i could buy in Coogee NOW!
    Most players finish their careers without getting to top dollar, but i suspect that young Ranga will work his way through some VERY big contracts over the next 10/12 years.
    Good luck to him and his girl.

Long Term Injury List
    Can any of the attendees let us know if Heath Grundy was in attendance and/or if he is on the mend?
    Thanks

Whoops, sorry. Just read previous pages and noticed he was at the CC. But is he fully recovered? Glandular Fever can so easily become Chronic Fatigue and long term.
    Last edited by baskin; 9th October 2011 at 05:05 PM. Reason: I'm a bit slow!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast