Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: A man called Armstrong wants to walk on the SCG

Dose anyone really think we can get this kid in a straight swap for Sumner. This kid is currently playing senior footy and averaging 18 possessions, Sumner played one game and was sent back to the twos for the rest of the year. It would be a great deal for us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Beesto View Post
    Dose anyone really think we can get this kid in a straight swap for Sumner. This kid is currently playing senior footy and averaging 18 possessions, Sumner played one game and was sent back to the twos for the rest of the year. It would be a great deal for us.
    could throw in a 2nd or 3rd round pick too

On the Rookie List
    Having a good laugh at the crows fans comments on adelaidenow about the potential trade saying the want Marty for him. Good luck with that, can't see any reason why Marty would want to go back to Adelaide

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    I don't like these articles. Do we actually have an interest in this kid?
    none that I know of, but when is that going to stop us from acting like an armchair coaching panel.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Just wild about Harry
    Armstrong has taken some giant steps this year.

Veteran Site Admin
    Unlikely that he would have requested a trade to Sydney if an offer hadn't been put to him by the club.

I've not seen him play this year, though Crows fans say he played some decent footy at the back end of the season. If their description of him as outside, decent pace but very good kicking skills is correct, he is really just what we need We are chock-a-block full of hard nosed grunt, but need players who can receive the ball from the packs and use it to good effect.

IIRC, at the time he was drafted there was an article about him in which he stated he was a big Swans fan.

Regular in the Side
    considering his off field antics earlier in the year, a straight swap for sumner would be the best option, as really he is out of contract (GWS cant take him they took Davis), and if Crows didn't take our offer we could get him for free in the PSD..
    Haven't seen much of him, but they say he has some class about him, natural talent, but not overley quick or overley slow...good foot skills...
    question is do we have other players better than him already vying for the same position...

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Unlikely that he would have requested a trade to Sydney if an offer hadn't been put to him by the club.

I've not seen him play this year, though Crows fans say he played some decent footy at the back end of the season. If their description of him as outside, decent pace but very good kicking skills is correct, he is really just what we need We are chock-a-block full of hard nosed grunt, but need players who can receive the ball from the packs and use it to good effect.

IIRC, at the time he was drafted there was an article about him in which he stated he was a big Swans fan.
    Yep, players don't request trades to specific clubs without some type of understanding of a deal if a trade is reached and based on everything I know with Armstrong, I'd be happy to have him at our club, for the reasons you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by robamiee View Post
    considering his off field antics earlier in the year, a straight swap for sumner would be the best option, as really he is out of contract (GWS cant take him they took Davis), and if Crows didn't take our offer we could get him for free in the PSD..
    Haven't seen much of him, but they say he has some class about him, natural talent, but not overley quick or overley slow...good foot skills...
    question is do we have other players better than him already vying for the same position...
    He would be a handy boost to our stocks and he wants to be here which Sumner obviously doesn't. He would play for the club because he is a fan & be around his heros such as Mickey O & Goodsie and that can only mean good things. He is suspected to have far more talent than he has yet shown so I would love him to come here but mainly because if you love a club you play like buggery for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Owen87 View Post
    Having a good laugh at the crows fans comments on adelaidenow about the potential trade saying the want Marty for him. Good luck with that, can't see any reason why Marty would want to go back to Adelaide
    Given they gave him the boot, fairly unlikely he would want to go back!
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    He would be a handy boost to our stocks and he wants to be here which Sumner obviously doesn't. He would play for the club because he is a fan & be around his heros such as Mickey O & Goodsie and that can only mean good things. He is suspected to have far more talent than he has yet shown so I would love him to come here but mainly because if you love a club you play like buggery for them.
    i agree, but we shouldn't offer too much up for him is what i am saying...we are in the box seat here.. Sumner and maybe at best a late 3rd rnd pick....not shown enough for much more...

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    Armstrong has taken some giant steps this year.
    We should have A POLL On if we want him or not.....

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast