Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: A man called Armstrong wants to walk on the SCG

You know.... I doubt he would have asked specifically to be traded to us if we hadn't already spoken to him. It would be pretty embarrassing if we turned around and said "nah, we're not interested kid. Work hard, stay at school, be good to your mother".

My take on it is that our recruiters would have sounded out a few guys - maybe some struggling at their present club, maybe some originally from NSW. Same as any other year.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

As long as we get him on the cheap, I'd be happy. He's not elite or even great, but he could end up great at the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    He can also play on the wing. He is exactly the type our team needs. Quicker than average, good user of the ball, somebody our inside mids can feed.
    Thank you, I was waiting for this as he was recruited as a winger and played HB as well as wing. The Crow phylosophy if a player is a bit defensively loose is to make him play HB to improve his defensive skills (under Craig).

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Plays a bit like Jetta except he can tackle, hit a target and makes good decisions................not like Jetta at all really.
    He is a beautiful kick, notice how the ball was delivered in front of the player no matter if he was leading or in a marking contest giving his player the first bite. Very good delivery & we need some of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    As long as we have one Spangher on our list, the hair is not going to be a requirement to fit in....... At least they have hair!

And what's the matter with NicMal's hair!!! Its a good "do"! Its very NicMal.

Oohh goodie. We are up to 53 posts on unsubstantiated hearsay. Well done everyone! R&W preseason has begun.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    Ive gotta say ive never heard of this bloke, is he the sort of player we need to take us to that next step and make top 4??? Surely a forward of some sort should be the main target.

I'd never heard of Kennedy until we picked him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    owe ernie!! My true colours have gone front and centre!!! I completely forgot about GWS!!!
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    As long as we have one Spangher on our list, the hair is not going to be a requirement to fit in....... At least they have hair!

And what's the matter with NicMal's hair!!! Its a good "do"! Its very NicMal.

Oohh goodie. We are up to 53 posts on unsubstantiated hearsay. Well done everyone! R&W preseason has begun.
    A-NicMal's hair=Eastern European Mafia
    B-53 Posts on unsubstantiated hearsay and 5 pages in and still on topic!

Shouldn't he just be putting the head down/bum up and trying to make it work .
    Is this why he wants to come to Sydney

Cheers

waz
    Last edited by goswannie14; 27th September 2011 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Fixed quote

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    He is a beautiful kick, notice how the ball was delivered in front of the player no matter if he was leading or in a marking contest giving his player the first bite. Very good delivery & we need some of that.
    He could be our midfield kicking coach. Hanners, McVeigh, Bolts, Kennedy and McGlynn could use a few lesssons.

Hit a few players on the chest and get our fair share of centre clearances and you never know what might happen in 2012.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Wazza View Post
    Is this why he wants to come to Sydney

Cheers

waz
    Any particular part of Sydney Waz?