Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6 years ago today, where were you?

Veteran Site Admin
    Probably at Punt Road Oval by now, hugging and kissing people, only some of whom I knew.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Probably at Punt Road Oval by now, hugging and kissing people, only some of whom I knew.
    Then we dined in South Melbourne

Rod_

Heading out to dinner at a chinese restaurant in Hawthorn to celebrate with Leigh Colbert and others.
    He did a lap of honour pre game, as a retiring player, and was rooting for the Swannies.
    Needless to say it was a great night, and a big night.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

By this time, sitting in the Mt View Pub in Bridge Road with a heap of other Swanny supporters who I had no idea who they were and celebrating to the extreme. What an
    unbelievable feeling. Seems like it was just yesterday.
    You Just Do Not Get a Better Grand Final Win Than That

Happy and I know it
    Watched the game at Club Swans with hundreds of other ecstatic swans supporters. We saw it but we could hardly believe it.

I was at my Brothers house will all our Family and friends. We had a projector beaming the picture onto a 3mx3m wall, cold beers, BBQ - oh yeeeeaahh. What a day! Wish I could have been down at the 'G. Made it inside in '06 instead!

the "unholy trinity" (ie Aussie Ange, Tammy & Me) Ange's hubby, Tams 6 weeks to go baby in the womb & Kev & Bec, were on level 1 Olympic stand row 32 - we christened the brand new loos with our pre game nervous pee. Drank champagne - with a Four N Twenty of course - almost got into a fight with a WC supporter who though it would be real smart to take a photo of the "unholies" looking less than impressed when WC were infront, lets just say never cross a pregnant woman - When we got in front again Tam lept from her seat - poked the bloke with her flag stick, and gave him a gob full that he wouldnt have forgotten very quickly- she blames the hormones of course - met up on the way out with a old Boyfriend (from 20 years prior) who was very drunk coming out of the MCC area - he spotted me in the crowd and I heard that familiar bellow "gidday tits!!! Hows about that @@@@@@ leapin Leo?" I do have classy friends - we then went to the Marriott for more bubbly then headed down to St Kilda for dinner and more champagne!!! - fantastic driving back up the Hume the next day - scarf hanging out the window - life was mighty fine!
    Last edited by Wardy; 24th September 2011 at 09:57 PM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Sat in the MCG in a state of shock for an hour after the game...as a result couldn't get in to the celebrations at Punt Road. Headed down to South Melbourne and there were supporters on the streets everywhere. Went to a packed South Melbourne pub (forgotten which one) and watched a replay of the game. The crowd lived and breathed the game as if it was happennig for the first time. Lots of cheering and breaking into the club song. At one point John Rantall walked into the pub with some friends and the whole place went nuts....it was like the old and new bloods finally coming together.

By this stage just hitting the town in the mighty metropolis of Bathurst with mates for quite a long enjoyable night, with the swannies scarf still firmly around my neck and many a Cheer Cheer to come! What a day that was, and I was 1000+km away from the wonderful atmosphere that was Melbourne that day. Next time we cheer like that though, I will be there at the MCG to feel the roar when we next win the flag!
    Last edited by mcs; 24th September 2011 at 10:06 PM.

By this stage probably leaving Punt Road and heading for Patony's Pizza in Clarendon St. After that it was on to Bell's hotel with the replay on the big screen.

Regular in the Side
    I had a very early night, (bed at about 7.30pm at the Richmond Hill Hotel), after a virtually sleepless prior night on the train from Sydney, and then such a massive day itself. I woke up in the middle of the time to follow nature's call, and thought to myself: I've just dreamt the Sydney Swans won the flag. It wasn't until the morning that I realized it was no dream.
    Last edited by top40; 24th September 2011 at 10:59 PM.

I think by this time of the night my then 13 year old son secured a taxi to get us to a hotel we were staying at, remarkably I got up to get to Albert Park the next morning which still astounds me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast