Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 6 years ago today, where were you?

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    That story took a few twists.

So you'd you head to the Marriot with, the unholy trinity or 'gidday tits'??
    All of them and ran into Go Swannies for about the 6th time that day!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Watching from fellow swannies' place in Sydney; we spent the last quarter standing in front of the tv screaming at it.

Came the siren and we screamed more. Then we stood there. It was the weirdest feeling. We didn't know what to do next. It was too big.
    Next day headed to the SCG. Dark glasses everywhere, boys still drunk (sorry, very very happy), Jason Ball kind of standing in a C shape, Benny Mathews with his son, Kirky trying to speak lucidly and failing, but the overriding memory is twofold - seeing Roosy standing back to one side and watching them all with this internal smile on his face, and way up in the stands away from everyone, on his own sat Stuey, and I felt for him.

That big photo in the Noble Stand of the boys sprawled on the grass is exactly as I saw it.

CC dinner was utterly wonderful. Hugging that cup myself, no longer shiny, just smeared with hundreds of fingerprints. Nicks'ys fairwell speech. Me with orange hair as my never again hairdresser "had a good idea" that went wrong. And the fact that the membership girls managed to squeeze in a further 250 members after the event was sold out.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Level 2 behind the goals at the "Oh my god Luke what have you done" end.
    i said harsher words than that....and 2 that tool cousins 2
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

we were in section 28 row EE seat 26
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Second level, Great Southern Stand on 50 metre arc at Leo end. Great seat except for the 2 day hike for a beer.

My first year as a Full AFL member. Yes I was full by full time but nervous energy burnt the alcohol off before it hit my stomach. Still remember looking at the clock and it was 32 minutes and I was thinking when the hell will this end. Perfect view of Leo mark.

The Ablett kick was right in front and what a view.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Didn't make it to the ground, but watched it with some close mates, with a BBQ and several beers.

My old man was born in 1936, so hadn't seen a premiership and luckily enough, a mate of his gave him a ticket. Front row, level 2, on the wing. He was in tears after the game.

2005 - what a year. Swans premiership and the year of birth of my first child. I wanted to call him Leo, but the wife wasn't too keen.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Second level, Great Southern Stand on 50 metre arc at Leo end. Great seat except for the 2 day hike for a beer.

My first year as a Full AFL member. Yes I was full by full time but nervous energy burnt the alcohol off before it hit my stomach. Still remember looking at the clock and it was 32 minutes and I was thinking when the hell will this end. Perfect view of Leo mark.

Diagonally opposite you at other end of ground, then drunk and delirious
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Swans premiership and the year of birth of my first child. I wanted to call him Leo, but the wife wasn't too keen.
    NARF !!

On the day I was walking the overland track in Tasmania (no reception) wondering about the result. The holiday had been booked for some time as it was the only time the group who were hiking could all make it. The following day we climbed Mt Ossa where we got mobile reception and discovered the news. The view from the top of Mt Ossa that day was only superseded by the vision of Leo's mark when we made it to Cradle Mountain a few days later. A great holiday but the timing obviously wasn't great.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post

We must have just about been next to eachother.

I was stunned after the siren, think I told the old man that it was over as he had his head in his hands. In terms of a reaction, I went far more beserk after the Davo final, the '06 QF, the 2010 EF and probably countless H&A games. I think I was more relieved than anything as that last quarter felt like it went for about three days. There was nothing enjoyable about it, that's for sure.

Reckon I had about 8 cans before the game over at the MCC hotel which was being renovated but didn't feel like I'd had a drink. Didn't have a drink during it and I'm glad I didn't. Probably as you say Bas, because the bar was so far away!

We were too late to get into Punt Rd so went off to the Riser in South. Must have sang the song 40 times. One of the all time great nights.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234