Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Planning for father / sons

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I am not sure this always works. How is Stephie Graf and Andre Agassi's kid going at tennis? Should be world number 1 going on genetics. Didn't Hitler try something similar and that didn't work either?
    Graf and Agassi's eldest is 10 - give them a chance!

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    What gets me most is that Roosey's kids qualify for Brisbane.
    While Brisbane continually refuse to acknowledge their Fitzroy heritage I find it hard to understand how they could claim father son players from the Fitzroy days.

On the Rookie List
    You people, and yes, you know who you are, can you please stop channeling my Dad, he's not even dead.
    I'm not arrogant, I'm right

Father Son is an interesting one. I have a feeling that this current rule massively favours previously stable well performing clubs against teams like us. Before the 2000s we just did not have a lot of 100+ gamers, whereas C/wood Carlton, Essendon had plenty, so my feeling is the current 100 game rule might seriously benefit some clubs over others. Some of our 'great' players did not get there.

Jackson Colemann sone of Glenn is in this years but does not qualify for us. Anyway would be interesting to see some analysis some day. Geelong certainly have been massive beneficiaries, with Scarlet, Ablett, Hawkins, Callan, Blake etc.

I have a feeling the current rule is unfair. In the 80s probably we had a handful of 100+ gamers, Wright, Round, Browning, Bayes, Murphy, Mitchell, Roberts, Carter, can't think of many others whereas I would think other clubs would have 4-5 times as much

Apologies at home sick this week, was more interesting than work, just feel this rule is prejudiced
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123