Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Rnd 1, Mar 24, 2012 - GWS v Sydney Swans

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I couldn't find Mr Spock but checked with Captain Kirk. He said if it's good enough for some blokes called Paul Kelly and Michael O'Loughlin then it should be good enough for me.

Very logical.
    I'm going to retain my Swans membership (of course) and buy Afl Membership with GWS preference that way I also get in to games in Melbourne.AFL Membership has a one off joining fee and then the membership fee is comparative with normal club membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    The potential for conflicts of interest.

And I don't care how old you are.
    Explain that to me.

Swans member for 17 years and a supporter for 25. How on earth does GWS provide a conflict of interest for me??
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    I'm going to retain my Swans membership (of course) and buy Afl Membership with GWS preference that way I also get in to games in Melbourne.AFL Membership has a one off joining fee and then the membership fee is comparative with normal club membership.
    Good thinking. Eventually you will become a full member and will be able to go to all Grand Finals and not be limited to Swans GF's.

Take the Country Membership option and it is cheaper.

As part of my membership renewal I also get the AFL Record Season Guide and you can also pre-purchase your game day Footy Records at a much cheaper rate than buying it on the day. They send you 11 vouchers to use. These can be used anywhere in Australia and are not limited to one voucher per game.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Perhaps Sgt Schultz from Hogans Heroes may have provided you with a better quote.
    "I don't have any particular view on that situation"

I'm paraphrasing of course.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Hopefully it's OUR home game which gets one of the ANZ games out of the way.

I'm not really anti-ANZ at all, it is much, much easier for me to get there as a venue, but I just long for the days of an SCG full-house.

C'mon AFL, make it happen, Swans v Pies at the SCG...
    I agree with this. If we have to play at ANZ then this is a good one to play.
    I also agree with Damien in his post as well. Just seems weird to put a stand alone game and GWS VS Swans isn't the way I would want to kick of Season 2012. Should be Pies/Cats Friday Night footy. I'm a traditionalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Explain that to me.

Swans member for 17 years and a supporter for 25. How on earth does GWS provide a conflict of interest for me??
    It's been discussed before an another thread, but eventually there will be some sort of conflict where GWS poaches one of our better players. Obviously, as a GWS member, you're going to be delighted. How could it be otherwise?

If you want to support the code in Sydney, fine. But you don't need to buy a GWS membership to do that. You could simply attend a couple of their games now and then.

It's been discussed before an another thread, but eventually there will be some sort of conflict where GWS poaches one of our better players. Obviously, as a GWS member, you're going to be delighted. How could it be otherwise?

If you want to support the code in Sydney, fine. But you don't need to buy a GWS membership to do that. You could simply attend a couple of their games now and then.
    Big Al now be a good boy and listen to Cheer Squad.

Don't forget when attending GWS games to wear clean undies (now and then) and take a crisp hanky.

Edit: I put the correction in the wrong place. It was meant to go in after GWS games!
    Last edited by Bas; 28th September 2011 at 10:22 PM.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

This started out as an interesting thread.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Watch a few episodes, you'll work it out eventually.
    Not a bad suggestion. Lend me your black and white TV and I'll have a look.

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    If it's an away game at ANZ I'm not sure I can be bothered.

Even if it's a freebie with my membership (which is SCG only anyway).
    I'm not normally this direct on this forum but that's pathetic and churlish.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

So if I wasn't a member and just attended a few games that conflict wouldn't exist down the track. Thanks for the heads up.

Also let me know how I can save money on these games because I'll want to attend more than just a few and since membership isn't an option it might get expensive.

Not a bad suggestion. Lend me your black and white TV and I'll have a look.
    It's not pokitically correct to have one of those these days so I gave it away. To a collingwood supporter.

Back on thread......

I think the game is a good idea to showcase the two Sydney teams and it will generate some telly interest from interstate. There will be a big interest from leaguies how Folau goes in his first game and plenty of interest from Melbourne on Scully, Ward etc gel in the new team. If Folau kicks 4 or more and has a blinder it will be a ripper news story.

The AFL should make sure that they get at least 50,000 and start handing out freebies now.

We get the season off with a win and hopefully a big % margin.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast