Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Now we are into Pre Season

Quote Originally Posted by ABloodsMan View Post
    Jesse took a mark that won us the game against North.
    See!!! I Knew I had seen one!!! Ta Blood.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    The fact that Hawkins "came good" in the GF in the final quarter is nothing to do with whether Jesse will come good.
    Had Reid been in his All Australian form and not struggling with fitness issues I seriously doubt Hawkins would have taken those relatively pressure free marks. Sure,he exploited a weak link in the Pies chain but still had to handball off because his kicking was astray.
    What all this tells us is that no two players are the same and generalisations can be wrong. If you predict that we leave Jesse in the forwards and he will come good you are bound to be right at least once. The points that need to be considered are will he become consistently good?.Would another player offer a lot more ? I don't know the answers to these questions but I also think our forward line will not be helped by anything short of buying a ready made power forward.Where do you find one of these? Is there another Pod anywhere? Big Al? Would you put the boots on again for the club?

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    The fact that Hawkins "came good" in the GF in the final quarter is nothing to do with whether Jesse will come good.
    Had Reid been in his All Australian form and not struggling with fitness issues I seriously doubt Hawkins would have taken those relatively pressure free marks. Sure,he exploited a weak link in the Pies chain but still had to handball off because his kicking was astray.
    What all this tells us is that no two players are the same and generalisations can be wrong. If you predict that we leave Jesse in the forwards and he will come good you are bound to be right at least once. The points that need to be considered are will he become consistently good?.Would another player offer a lot more ? I don't know the answers to these questions but I also think our forward line will not be helped by anything short of buying a ready made power forward.Where do you find one of these? Is there another Pod anywhere? Big Al? Would you put the boots on again for the club?
    Only if the price was right. A Gatorade (Sorry TripleB lol) or Powerade and a Sausage Sandwich after each game should get the deal done.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Hawkins actually played 3 fantastic finals games. He absolutely ripped Hawthorn apart the night of the qualifying final, marked everything that came his way against West Coast, and if he had kicked straight in the last q of the GF, would have been a serious challenger for the Norm Smith medal. His last "bad" game was against us down at Skilled in round 23. So it wasn't just him coming up against an injured opponent. He was in some pretty good form.

Chris Scott is on record as saying that Hawkins improved when they relieved him of all ruck duties and left him forward for good. They accept that they erred in asking him to perform the dual role.

I agree with you a power forward would be nice, but I can't see how we can acquire one, so I'm comfortable with giving Jesse another season to show some of the 'game' we all want to see. Leave him at FF.

Myke will be good to go next year as that ruck back-up come forward line tall and I predict will surprise many just how adept he is at that role...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I hope one J White watched Tomahawks' games over the finals. He could learn a lot about how hard you need to work and lead.
    The good thing is there is room for improvement from Jesse if he so desires. He's got all the weaponry.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234