Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2011 International Rules

Hate how this year, like last series, the ignorant commentators have failed to mention that Brendan Murphy is a firmer Swan. Bruce MacEvaney or Paul Roos would be on top of that! Tadhg is showing some nice form so far. Tommy looks the goods too

How good does Walsh look?!?!?!?

I'd feel sorry for the saints..... but it's the saints.

It is a round ball, so we shouldn't real take too much from Walsh's game.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ABloodsMan View Post
    How good does Walsh look?!?!?!?

I'd feel sorry for the saints..... but it's the saints.
    Thinking the same thing. Big Tommy looks very much worth the experiment.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

i am stoked so far we have gambled on walsh vs LJ

9 games at the SCG will work better for Walsh and his bigger boddy then LJ............LJ maybe better in a few yrs but I suspect we went for 2012/2013 given our roster and hence walsh !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    And Brendan Murphy kicks the final over. Good game by Ealsh but we have to take into account he wasn't matched up on a key defender

On the Rookie List swans_premiers's Avatar
    Walsh looks impressive
    Adam Goodes: Rising Star 99, Brownlow 2003, 2006
    Swans Premiers 1909, 1918,1933,2005, 2012

Leaving now, the Tommy Walsh bandwagon...

As the Irish set up an 18-point quarter-time lead, Walsh was taking marks with two players hanging off him and delivering deft soccer passes to teammates. As his side stretched its lead to 24 points by the half-time break, he was prominent again, a sharp lead, mark and three-point goal keeping Ireland clear as the Australians, scratchy whenever they got near the goals early, started to build a score.

By the end of the game - held up during the third term after a diving Mitch Robinson clashed heads with Ireland's Emmet Bolton - Walsh had scored three unders, taken nine marks, had 24 possessions and basically looked very good.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...#ixzz1c5JaoP00
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Walsh looked fantastic, knew where to run to and seemed to be able to get first hands to the ball in marking contests nearly every time. Great stuff!

Every time I see Tadhg play GAA or International Rules I am blown away at just how good he is.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Walsh looked fantastic, knew where to run to and seemed to be able to get first hands to the ball in marking contests nearly every time. Great stuff!

Every time I see Tadhg play GAA or International Rules I am blown away at just how good he is.
    Agree about Kennelly. For a guy that has spent most of the last decade playing with a Sherrin, his round ball skills were very impressive.

As for Walsh, he looks like he has a calm head on him as well as football talent. It was he who managed to pull Brendan Murphy out of the scrimmage when he looked like he was about to lose it, and forcibly marched him away from the action.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Agree about Kennelly. For a guy that has spent most of the last decade playing with a Sherrin, his round ball skills were very impressive.

As for Walsh, he looks like he has a calm head on him as well as football talent. It was he who managed to pull Brendan Murphy out of the scrimmage when he looked like he was about to lose it, and forcibly marched him away from the action.
    Dying to get on to the Walsh wagon.
    I thought he was excellent last night, good hands and knew where to find the ball.
    Also, he's bigger and stronger than I expected.

My thoughts are only tempered a bit by the great game Tadhg played.
    He dominated last night, but was found out in the season just finished as too slow to the ball and indecisive compared to his great years at the swans.
    I just hope the international form from Walsh transfers to the SCG.

Goes up to 11
    I am officially banning the Walsh bandwagon from the NEAFL next year - this man MUST play as many AFL games as possible next year. I'm not expecting miracles, but he could be very very good...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast