Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Team of the Century Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by cheersquadsteve View Post
    the only player i could possibly see making his way into the side is Adam Goodes, (remembering that you must drop a player from the side to get him in) So Goodes goes to the half forward flank, moorwood dropped to the bench, cresswell out. getting o'loughlin in tho that may be a bit more difficult
    I was thinking the same thing, we have had a lot of fantastic individual players over the club's history - I will have to re-visit that Team of the Century again, but as good as O'Loughlin was I suspect it would be pretty hard for him to outshine someone already in the team.

Of course it all depends on how you select your team - does team balance come into it, individual performances in a season, longevity, etc?

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing, we have had a lot of fantastic individual players over the club's history - I will have to re-visit that Team of the Century again, but as good as O'Loughlin was I suspect it would be pretty hard for him to outshine someone already in the team.

Of course it all depends on how you select your team - does team balance come into it, individual performances in a season, longevity, etc?
    Not really hard at all to fit Magic in. Games record holder, premiership player and quite simply a brilliant player. One of the best I've seen in the Red and White.

Magic in for Bayes
    Goodes in for Cresswell.

Don't know enough about the older players to justify replacing them.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

My thoughts exactly on Mick. How does the games record holder, premiership player and 3rd highest goal kicker not make it in?

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Cheers Big Al.

Sure is a great forward line. Actually great team all over the park!

Agree that Mumy will be better, but tried to base it more on who has provided best service to us. Jolly was a big factor in 05 and 06.
    I'd switch Mummy for Ball and keep Jolly. Other than that I love the team.

The forward line is huge - Good job Magic was so good when the ball hit the deck.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123