Thread: Darren Cresswell on Sunday Night, Channel 7

Darren Cresswell on Sunday Night, Channel 7

Just starting now, talking about the impact of gambling on his life.

He seems to be living well now with the new girlfriend whilst the ex wife and 3 kids are on Centrelink payments.

The kids are the ones that are paying.

Hardly looked remorseful at the end of the story. I wonder how much they paid him and if his kids get to see any of it.

Ch 7 leaving the camera running at the end reminded me of when Paul Barry interviewed that Wood bloke who threw his girlfriend off the gap. Wood said : Well do you believe me?

Cresswell smiled and had a big stretch.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    He seems to be living well now with the new girlfriend whilst the ex wife and 3 kids are on Centrelink payments.

Hardly looked remorseful at the end of the story. I wonder how much they paid him and if his kids get to see any of it.

Ch 7 leaving the camera running at the end reminded me of when Paul Barry interviewed that Wood bloke who threw his girlfriend off the gap. Wood said : Well do you believe me?

Bit serious for my liking. I'll let fate, divine justice, karma but preferably the system to deal with this one. I'm sure we'll win the flag next year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post

The stretch looked more like a sense of relief, as he didn't look too comfortable answering the questions.

Here's the link - if you missed it you can pick it up here.

Daryn Cresswell's sporting shame: Part 1 - Yahoo!7 TV

In remarkable shape, but has an old face now. Worth watching.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Oh and its my guess that Donna is not going to forgive him. Ever.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I really hate gambling...I hope Darryn can beat it.
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Daryn needs to beat some inner demons. It's rarely gambling that is the exact problem. It runs deeper than that. Until he finds complete peace within his personal life then gambling will always be right around the corner as his escape from reality. Sorry to sound deep but that's my experience.

It's his kids that bear the brunt of his mistakes though so hopefully they can grow up getting all they love they deserve.
    Last edited by Nich; 17th October 2011 at 09:45 PM.

It had a little tack on the end of the Tom Walsh story today in the Daily Telegraph. It said that in light of the Sunday night story, he was not going to lose his Swans life membership or place in the Team of the Century.

They weren't going to give him a job in the accounts department or head of game day raffles either.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.