Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Delistings thread (merged) - 4 senior players delisted

Unless there are injury concerns, I don't see the point of chopping Currie, as he had a good preseason last year and played well in Ressies. On the other hand, I thought that Seaby could be delisted, especially if there are problems with his ankle and he would be cut anyway after next year. Doesn't seem like anyone else wants him. Something must be wrong. I was surprised to see Brisbane take Hudson over Seaby (as they knew he was on the table). So why take up space on the list this year if only to be delisted next. I think we're covered in the rucking department.

I also had the notion that we could delist Campbell Heath and then rookie him, as it is doubtful than anyone would take a player with 2 recos.

But in the end, it will probably be Bevan that gets cut. I would have thought that he could be of help to GWS short term, but they seem to going in another direction, and there seems to be a number of delistings with other clubs that are better than Bevo. Really hard to see him getting another game with our list. Every new signing just pushes him another notch down.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    When does the axe fall on our playing list?
    Probably by week's end as all Club's active in trade week seem to be doing it this week.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Unless there are injury concerns, I don't see the point of chopping Currie, as he had a good preseason last year and played well in Ressies. On the other hand, I thought that Seaby could be delisted, especially if there are problems with his ankle and he would be cut anyway after next year. Doesn't seem like anyone else wants him. Something must be wrong. I was surprised to see Brisbane take Hudson over Seaby (as they knew he was on the table). So why take up space on the list this year if only to be delisted next. I think we're covered in the rucking department.

Id say there must be as he failed the medical at port. Currie should be given his chance, its hard to judge someone who plays in some 3rd or 4th rate competition each season, so therefore he should stay. I also had the notion that we could delist Campbell Heath and then rookie him, as it is doubtful than anyone would take a player with 2 recos.

But in the end, it will probably be Bevan that gets cut. I would have thought that he could be of help to GWS short term, but they seem to going in another direction, and there seems to be a number of delistings with other clubs that are better than Bevo. Really hard to see him getting another game with our list. Every new signing just pushes him another notch down.
    Id say there must be as he failed the medical at port. Currie should be given his chance, its hard to judge someone who plays in some 3rd or 4th rate competition each season, so therefore he should stay. Bevan is the one IMO who should make way and he really would only get a game if we were decimated with injury.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Bevan, Sumner, Currie and Heath all cut from the main list
    Otten, McKaigue and Haren from the rookie list.
    Gordon elevated to the senior list.

They're inviting Cambo back for pre-season training which would suggest a possible spot as a rookie?

4 spots cut, the last draft pick reserved for Gordon's elevation which means we have 3 more spots to fill. That's either pick 97 in the national draft or a pre-season draft pick.

Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

You picked it with Campbell Heath. A little surprising that they have delisted Bevan and Currie , although holding a lifeline out to Heath. Sumner's delisting surprises no-one, but they are freeing up rookie space with McKaigue, Haren (mystery man) and Otten going. I don't see how a judgement could be made on Haren given how little he played.

Senior Player

4 senior players delisted including Bevo

Article: http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/News/N...6/Default.aspx

Bevo the biggest name, also Currie, Sumner and Heath. Heath invited back to preseason training though.

I think they may be pulling the trigger a bit quick on sumner and heath, unlike us to give blokes only 2 years. I think jarrad moore is very very lucky to get another year. Bevo is about right same with currie has been on the list that long and hasnt played a senior game

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
    I think they may be pulling the trigger a bit quick on sumner and heath, unlike us to give blokes only 2 years. I think jarrad moore is very very lucky to get another year. Bevo is about right same with currie has been on the list that long and hasnt played a senior game
    Moore is still contracted for another year I'm pretty sure. A lot more delistings than I was expecting but none really a surprise - Glad Gordon gets a senior spot.

Veteran Site Admin
    Wow - very surprised about Heath. Maybe they are proposing to try to put him on the rookie list while he tries to get over his injuries.

Disappointed that we will never know the full story about Haren's disappearance (on-field, given he lurked around the club for the remainder of the season). He definitely showed a bit in the month or two he was able to play.

Sumner obviously didn't want to hang around.
    Moore was contracted for 2012.

I take full responsibility for Haren's delisting. I obviously jumped on his bandwagon way too early. Sorry Ben.

I would also hazard a guess that poor Dan Currie suffered more bad luck when the Seaby trade fell through, otherwise he might still have been running around in the red and white in 2012.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
    ...I think jarrad moore is very very lucky to get another year....
    I reckon he has been kept as a leader/mentor for the Ressie's. From reserves reports through the year he seemed to be playing the 'general' role very well.
    Having said that, I hope he play well enough to become a regular senior and we can see a 'footballer' playing as opposed to an athlete. I realise there are plenty of 'footballers' going around but Bulldog on song just seems to see into the future a few passes before others.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast