Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Delistings thread (merged) - 4 senior players delisted

Regular in the Side
    Fev !

No surprises for mine. Sad to see Bevo go but he obviously wasn't getting the chances to play.

No surprises here. Probably doing a Monty on Heath, delist and relist. He has spent a lot of this year injured.

Surprised at Sumner!!! Hardly. He shot through mid year back to Adelaide, so why would we keep him! No commitment, or more committed to family in Adelaide than the Swans family - not knocking that, but he obviously has other priorities. They may well have tried to shop him, but no takers, one will never know.

Sorry about Haren though. Thought he showed promise. Injured to blazes though, and they probably don't want to do another heath james scenario. You sometimes just have to know your limitations. Nice kid.

Seriously glad to keep Doggy though. He is such a good teacher and ressie support. And a great backup if all the big boys fall over. Better than some.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    Fev !
    Why not Aker then - he wants to go around again? Cousins, Chick, Lovett? Hey Cressa's out.

Isn't Heath supposed to be a gun? Whats going on?

Hope we relist him...

Senior Player
    Who is Haren???

Sad to see Bevan go he's been a good player for us and a premiership player. Gets bagged alot on these forums but played more good games than bad.

Sumner understandable. Appeared to have good skills but was a very small body and there's obviously some attitude issues there.

Pretty dissapointing that we kept Currie for 5 years and never even ended up giving him a game. What a waste.

Regular in the Side
    yeah surprised at Heath, but as someone said maybe trying to relist on the rookies to get over injury.
    Good to see Nipper on senior list...
    ONe thing you can never say about Bevo is that dogged it in the contest...always happy to put his body on the line and he did it often...
    But he will always have "Premiership Player" on his CV something he should be proud of.

i reckon they should just get rid of the rookie and senior lists, the rookies have to do same work..
    Hopefuly through the CBA the rookies get a pay rise as well in the base...60k plus match payments...

RWO gets it right on Bevo - all bit it 4 years later....
    -

I'm surprised that both Bevan and Moore didn't go together. However, Moore's 2012 contract probably saved him.

Glad to see that Seaby stays on the list. Feel sorry for Currie but that's the business of football.

So that means we don't know until the National Draft as to where Gordon goes, I'm guessing. As in 3 in national draft or just the 2 picks.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    So that means we don't know until the National Draft as to where Gordon goes, I'm guessing. As in 3 in national draft or just the 2 picks.
    "Three rookie list players have also been delisted - Chris McKaigue, who has returned to Ireland, and Ben Haren and Max Otten. Eugene Kruger and Dylan McNeil will be retained on the rookie list for 2012, while Nathan Gordon will be elevated from the rookie list to the senior list." (syd swans site)

I read that to mean Nipper has been elevated to the senior list! What do you read it as.

Glad to see Eugene and Dyl kept on.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

As for Currie I think they waited way too long to get rid of him. If a kid can't get a game after 3 years then delist them and move on. I sense they had invested too much in him to cut their losses. I still have visions of George Stone giving him one on one training when he was based in Melbourne. Ruckmen come up in the draft all the time and the old idea of spending years developing them is just that... an old idea. Collingwood and Geelong both bought their Ruckmen. This is probably more true than ever with the new interchange rule.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast