Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Delistings thread (merged) - 4 senior players delisted

Pretty obvious choices, really. Seems a pretty sensible off-season of moves.

I counted 8 delistings or retirements, and only 7 new additions including Tom Mitchell and picks 43 & 61.

Does this mean we are eying off a Pre season pick?

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I read that to mean Nipper has been elevated to the senior list! What do you read it as.
    Primmy, posted that after 2 hours of baseball training with the kids, so wasn't thinking straight. I meant which draft pick is used on him in the national draft. The third live pick (as in our second after Mitchell) or we draft 2 (plus Mtichell) and then pick Gordon.

Well deserved rookie elevation and looking forward to his next post game interview. Brings back memories of Sam Backo (Rugby league) from the 80's who on numerous occasions out bleeped the bleep without realising it in post match interviews. Not such a big thing these days compared to the late 80's.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by bennyfabulous View Post
    I counted 8 delistings or retirements, and only 7 new additions including Tom Mitchell and picks 43 & 61.

Does this mean we are eying off a Pre season pick?
    Also picks 79 and 97. Whether they are used.

I think Greg Stafford was our last regular playing Swans developed ruckman. Have drafted plenty since that haven't made it.

I'm not sure if you include Pyke as he was already a professional in another code.
    Last edited by Bas; 19th October 2011 at 09:04 PM.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Two hours of baseball training! Schtar!!!

Nipper will never do "that" again. He would have been given stick by everyone, including his family, and probably been made to pay fines, run laps, wash his mouth out, all that stuff.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Also picks 79 and 97. Whether they are used.

I think Greg Stafford was our last regular playing Swans developed ruckman. Have drafted plenty since that haven't made it.

I'm not sure if you include Pyke as he was already a professional in another code.
    Pick 79 used on Mitch Morton, Bas. I'd think 97 will be used on Nathan Gordon and we will have 2 live picks.

I wouldn't be surprised if we've got someone targeted in the PSD. There looks to be a number of decent players that are likely to nominate.

All the clubs are making tough calls this year, it seems. As has been mentioned, Seaby staying probably sealed Curry's fate. Seems superfluous with the sub rule to have 3 ruckmen on your list, let alone 4.

Glad Nipper got elevated. I'll be a bit disappointed though if Morton gets a chance to play ahead of him.

Many more senior delistings than I'd expected. I can see us shifting all veterans inside the list, using both live picks, elevating Nipper and using the rookie list to make up the difference. Kane Murphy's chances of being rookied just shot up, I reckon.
    Last edited by BSA5; 19th October 2011 at 11:39 PM. Reason: Me speak bad english
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Bevo gone - Who we going to bag now? Must admit I was a fan most of the time... Bit like Ben Matthews, did a lot of things right and was bagged for a few wrong doings..

At 27, living in Sydney - GWS would be a good fit. IMO They would get a couple of good years out of him if needed to top up their list..

We will have to see what Sheeds has in mind... Lot of picks at a bargain price, lottery for the discards...

Rod_

So that gives us 43 and 61 as live picks, 97 to promote Gordon, and still a free spot for the PSD.

Quote Originally Posted by Benevolent Ert View Post
    So that gives us 43 and 61 as live picks, 97 to promote Gordon, and still a free spot for the PSD.
    We won't need to use that though if we put a veteran inside the list.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast