Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2012 Season draw

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Hmmm.... The Cats and the Saints Rnd 1 at Etihad. Nothing like a couple of easy beats to start the year off.
    Let's not forget, we won 3 of the 4 games against these two sides this year...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Let's not forget, we won 3 of the 4 games against these two sides this year...

And 3 of those wins within 4 weeks.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    Kellyville??? No, Bruce Purser is in Rouse Hill. Finally, another match there - it's nice being able to go to the footy just ten minutes down the road and not an hour drive!

The Hills has always had a pretty good footy presence, and has lots of Swans fans.
    It certainly has, Baulkhams Hills were fielding 2 teams in every junior age division back in the 80s- and that's with quite another few clubs nearby, too!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

As a Hills District resident myself I glad I get to see the boys in the area. The Hills is surely on of the Swans major supporter areas. Lots of aussie rules fans here and certainly a few success stories of players making it through the local junior system on their way to the AFL. My neighbors are Geelong supporters and we'll always see their little Grandson running around in his Cats gear. We also had some Weagles supporters across the road during those WC/Syd days. Lots of fun banter.

Warming the Bench
    Bruce Purser was also the home ground of Nipper and Eugene

Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    Kellyville??? No, Bruce Purser is in Rouse Hill. Finally, another match there - it's nice being able to go to the footy just ten minutes down the road and not an hour drive!

The Hills has always had a pretty good footy presence, and has lots of Swans fans.
    Right across the road from where the Dynamic Lifter factory once stood. Bit of useless trivia.

The days when you could get a lung full as you tee'd off at the 5th at what was once Kellyville Country Club.

Post or pre game drinks at the Mean Fiddler at Rouse Hill if you're game.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Right across the road from where the Dynamic Lifter factory once stood. Bit of useless trivia.

The days when you could get a lung full as you tee'd off at the 5th at what was once Kellyville Country Club.

Post or pre game drinks at the Mean Fiddler at Rouse Hill if you're game.
    And after training we used to go to the old Post Tel Institute for a few beers while the teams were read out.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345