Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Draw out - 9 games at SCG

Quote Originally Posted by MadCanuck View Post
    Wow, what a fixture. As Roy and HG might say "It's a season of two halves".

We'll have to pile on the wins in the first half and hope we remain in form and healthy for the second.
    Agreed. Looks like a tough run home on paper.

The draw seems good though. I agree that the later day time starts are all over the place, but more games during daylight hours is better for quality of play, less dew and taking the kids, so I'm all for that. We'll notice the benefits of the extra game in Sydney too. Only 10 trips interstate and only two away from the east coast. I did prefer our annual end of season clash with Brisbane to a trip to Geelong though!!!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

By rough count I make it 7 games with a nominal day start time and 4 at night, including one Friday night. Looks like 4 Saturday afternoon games and 3 Sunday afternoon games, with varying start times.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

We have the added benefit of two breaks: one for the season start proper (end March) and the standard second bye Week 12 (mid June).

I am bit annoyed that Hawthorn has decided that we are team they should taken to Tassie - surely we draw more people to the MCG than Brisbane or Adelaide.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I am bit annoyed that Hawthorn has decided that we are team they should taken to Tassie - surely we draw more people to the MCG than Brisbane or Adelaide.
    Given our record at the MCG, the less games there the better!

Veteran Site Admin
    We still have 5 games in Melbourne plus the trip down the highway. The Launceston game can be looked at as a replacement for the Canberra game.

Damn, no Canberra games
    One vege patch at a time
    www.onegreenacre.com
    Looking for a beer? Look here,
    www.whereisthepub.org

Up There For Sydney! Adelaide Swan's Avatar
    I'm pretty happy with the draw.

First half of the draw is absolutely brilliant for us.

Hopefully we'll outnumber the Giants mob and it will be a sea of red and white in Round 1 at ANZ Stadium.

Living in 2005
    Tasmanian Govt is their major sponsor, some of their games have to be against teams that draw attendences in Melbourne as part of their contract. Sydney have long been a requested team, but the AFL wouldn't take away another Melbourne game for us, however the Canberra game is now removed giving them the opportunity.

Only 1 game at MCG to break the so called hoodoo.

Breakdown Games in Sydney:

Friday Night - 1

Saturday Afternnon - 1
    Saturday Twilight - 3
    Saturday Night -4 (1 GWS home game)

Sunday afternoon - 3 (1 early start only)
    Sunday twilight -0

So 12 games in Sydney next year and no home game against GC Suns again.

No clash of games against GWS and 18 AFL games in Sydney next year not including those in the ACT.
    Last edited by Bas; 28th October 2011 at 01:17 PM.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCanuck View Post
    We have the added benefit of two breaks: one for the season start proper (end March) and the standard second bye Week 12 (mid June).
    I hate the week 2 "bye". Any momentum built from hopefully caining GWS is gone with a bye so early. Adelaide had a week 2 bye this year after beating Hawthorn in a great game and really lost the plot after it, could have been that they were just crap!! haha but I don't like it all.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast