Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Draw out - 9 games at SCG

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    What a mishmash of game times! I kinda liked it when all games were either 2pm or 7:30pm!! I assume that's because of the new TV deal... .
    We are typically spared any of the twilight or "run into news" timeslots, but with all the free to air in Sydney moving to 7 Mate this year, it's open slather on the timeslots for the Swans. The performance of the Saturday twilight will be interesting.

The FTA ratings in Sydney for the West Coast game will be interesting too, 4.40pm Sydney time on a Sunday is unchartered territory for us!

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    We are typically spared any of the twilight or "run into news" timeslots, but with all the free to air in Sydney moving to 7 Mate this year, it's open slather on the timeslots for the Swans. The performance of the Saturday twilight will be interesting.

The FTA ratings in Sydney for the West Coast game will be interesting too, 4.40pm Sydney time on a Sunday is unchartered territory for us!
    That's why it's on 7mate. The Swans games just dont get ratings. At least they have put them on 7mate so that's lucky for those without Foxtel.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

There were never going to be any games in Canberra this year. The ACT Govt put a whopping amount ($millions) into GWS - you may notice a small Canberra logo on their jumpers - and the Swans Manuka games in the past few years were actually Bulldogs home games.

I think it would have been far more logical to schedule the Tassie game on the Saturday afternoon rather then the Sunday.
    It certainly shows that fans are very low on the food chain as far as the AFL are concerned with this timeslot as it makes it very tough to get to the airport for flights home for those that need to get to work on the Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Tasmanian Govt is their major sponsor, some of their games have to be against teams that draw attendences in Melbourne as part of their contract. Sydney have long been a requested team, but the AFL wouldn't take away another Melbourne game for us, however the Canberra game is now removed giving them the opportunity.
    I understand all that, and for one season it is not the end of the world, but I would hate for it to become a permanent fixture (i.e. that one game normally scheduled against a Melbourne team then gets sold to another location (e.g. Canberra & Tasmania). That is not a precedent that I would like to see continue as a Victorian-based Swans fan.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    I think it would have been far more logical to schedule the Tassie game on the Saturday afternoon rather then the Sunday.
    It certainly shows that fans are very low on the food chain as far as the AFL are concerned with this timeslot as it makes it very tough to get to the airport for flights home for those that need to get to work on the Monday!
    Just use your business Lear jet; claim it as a business expense!
    doof-doof

I can see 13 wins there and a few maybes........

It's great to get the 9 at the SCG. Being close to Canberra, glad that the GWS home games at Manuka don't clash with Swans games, so we'll be able to go and see more footy there. Yay!

Sunday twilights will be interesting for us, given we have to get home and work the next day. Saturday twilight worked really well for us, something we were surprised at.
    Conrad

Regular in the Side PerthSwannie's Avatar
    AAAaahhhhh. Just Jim Dandy!!! I only get one game over here in the West and this year is slap bang in the middle of school holidays in July when we are down South camping. Great!! What`d`ya rekon? Leave the family in the caravan and come back for the game(4 hour round trip)? or watch it at the closest pub???
    Even Santa follows the Swannies.

9 games at SCG - great! The later starts, I dunno about ... I was actually hoping for more Saturday arvo games myself.

As for the shhhedule of who we play - might be better doing the tougher ones in the second half; we always seem to go sluggish mid-season and then just when I'm about to write the season off, storm into form toward the end (in my opinion - any actual facts/statistics notwithstanding).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I am bit annoyed that Hawthorn has decided that we are team they should taken to Tassie - surely we draw more people to the MCG than Brisbane or Adelaide.
    You might be annoyed.....I AM ECSTATIC...Aurora Stadium 1 hour down the road....woo hooo
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    That's why it's on 7mate. The Swans games just dont get ratings. At least they have put them on 7mate so that's lucky for those without Foxtel.
    When did 7 announce everything was being shuffled off to 7mate?
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast