Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Draw out - 9 games at SCG

this draw really wants us to make the top 4, i'm very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    When did 7 announce everything was being shuffled off to 7mate?
    Read it somewhere here. I rely on Foxtel though.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Matches 'exclusive' to Ch7 involving Sydney will near certainly be shown on 7, whereas games involving other teams especially on Friday and Saturday nights are most likely to be shown live on 7mate, rather than at 11:30pm..

I may be the only one, but this draw makes me very uncomfortable. There is a lot of pressure on the boys to be 9-2 or 10-1 by the end of the first 11 rounds and we all know that level of performance without hiccups is not something our team can't usually do. It's the games we are expected to win that we do the worst in. This season Adel/Rich/Mel ect. were all games we dropped, but should have comfortably won.

Adding to that we have an extremely tough run home, which potentially could kill our confidence and take away any momentum into the finals. Having said that it would potentially be a bonus if the season plays out like this season and we have a very clear top 4. If they have nothing to play for, will they compete hard?

Interesting to see how it eventuates, but i'm really happy we've got as many games as we have in Sydney. For the first (and possibly only time) thanks GWS! Disappointed we've lost the Canberra games cause we do have a lot of supporters here. GWS might take most them, but I do like that we are going to Tassie.

Taking a break from my work and having a casual look at our draw I think we could end up with between 40-60 points. Around 40 if I was being quite cynical and have us dropping a few against average teams and 60 if were were to beat most teams except the top 5 in 2011. Essentially could finish in the top 4 or just outside the 8 and taking the middle ground has us lining up for a 5/6/7 finish. As expected then...

I will just throw this in; having read the start times of the Sydney games, where does this leave the Reserves draw. Does this mean no reserves this year too? Or strictly limited access?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Regular in the Side
    Us melbourne supporters st""d again. Games against Essendon and Blues at Etihad (almost no i saky impoosible to get a seat at unless you sit up high, and Blues almost the same,both clubs especially if they are winning) and again at Skilled where you cant get a seat. But we play in Launceston what a joke. I can see less members again from Victoria. When will we get 6 games in Melbourne and more at MCG where we can sit in a good spot for free, and not have to pay about $25 on top of our membership to go to games at Etihad and if you can get a ticket to SS.

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Us melbourne supporters st""d again. Games against Essendon and Blues at Etihad (almost no i saky impoosible to get a seat at unless you sit up high, and Blues almost the same,both clubs especially if they are winning) and again at Skilled where you cant get a seat. But we play in Launceston what a joke. I can see less members again from Victoria. When will we get 6 games in Melbourne and more at MCG where we can sit in a good spot for free, and not have to pay about $25 on top of our membership to go to games at Etihad and if you can get a ticket to SS.
    What memebership?
    I let that go years ago. If the AFL (and teh club to some degree) are going to make it so hard to my team play, they don't get my support.

I'm not upset over the draw - exactly as I expected.
    I'll assume that the few games we get to see live will be played in Melbourne, and that those played outside of Melbourne will not be on FTA.
    Same old.... you will continue to see less and less Vic based supporte..X - followers - at games.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    When did 7 announce everything was being shuffled off to 7mate?
    Was part of the 1.25B deal. 4 Live AFL games on FTA in Sydney but on 7mate. As Bas said, great result for those without Foxtel.

Senior Player
    If we're good enough we'll handle the draw just fine. Also the rating of easiness is based on this year's form. Remember last year we thought St Kilda would be a very tough match, then by mid year it was looking relatively soft, and then by the end it was looking difficult again. Similarly, we thought West Coast in the West wouldn't be too difficult given they were the wooden spooners, but in hindsight we were the only team to beat them over there and they ended up top four.

We won't know how difficult some of these matches are until we see how some of the younger teams (North, Demons, Richmond) step up, whether St Kilda and the Dogs keep sliding, and so forth.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    If we're good enough we'll handle the draw just fine.
    Exactly. If we want to finish top 4, we have to be able to beat other teams around that mark. There is no point looking for a soft draw to squeeze you into 4th spot.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Wow what a mish-mash of different timeslots. I don't mind the 4:40 pm starts so much on a Saturday, because, well, it is a Saturday, so a 7:30 pm finish is reasonable, but 3:15 is too late for Sunday games in Sydney. It works for the NRL because the game wraps up around 5, but given that a reasonable number of Swans members do have to travel to get to the SCG, contrary to popular belief, 6pm is a rather late finishing time especially for those with kids, and the Swans have always been supported well by families looking to take their kids for a day out. Me, I prefer the 'traditional' 2pm timeslot with a few night games thrown in, but given the broadcast arrangements the way they are, that's not gonna happen sadly.

I notice that the 'night' games have gone back to the later time of 7:40 now -- I much preferred the 7:10pm starts!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast