Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Draw out - 9 games at SCG

Hm, at least a relatively decent number of games on free to air. We don't get many Friday night games, so it's nice to have one next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Looks like we still get our 5 games + Geelong in Vic!!
    I'm happy with that.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This article speaks to the victory of TV start times over people actually attending the games. I wonder what sort of impact the draw may have on family memberships (for all clubs, not just the Swans). On a quick scan through our home schedule I count 4 of the 12 games in Sydney that will be difficult for those with little kids to get along to (and that's not including the late Saturday night games). I wonder if clubs will get on the front foot and offer different structured "kid friendly" memberships that allows folks to go through and select the games they can get along to and get a reduced rate based on the number. I'm an idiot, so I generally drag Stella junior along to whatever time/weather- but I perfectly understand the parents who will think twice about it and can see where people on face value might think twice about buying something they're only going to use 75% of (less if it's 4/11 and the GWS home game isn't bundled in).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    This article speaks to the victory of TV start times over people actually attending the games. I wonder what sort of impact the draw may have on family memberships (for all clubs, not just the Swans). On a quick scan through our home schedule I count 4 of the 12 games in Sydney that will be difficult for those with little kids to get along to (and that's not including the late Saturday night games). I wonder if clubs will get on the front foot and offer different structured "kid friendly" memberships that allows folks to go through and select the games they can get along to and get a reduced rate based on the number. I'm an idiot, so I generally drag Stella junior along to whatever time/weather- but I perfectly understand the parents who will think twice about it and can see where people on face value might think twice about buying something they're only going to use 75% of (less if it's 4/11 and the GWS home game isn't bundled in).
    Sounds like this article: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...029-1mpmm.html
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Yep- I think it's a legitimate concern for crowds. Hopefully it isn't too big an impact financially, and like I said I'll be irresponsible to take my kid along to them and I'm sure there are many like me- but it's a fair gamble. I think getting in early by and working out some kind of flexible membership (so beyond superpasses or buying a whole season membership then hoping to onsell seats if you can't make a game etc.) is important for the club, and if they do they should make sure that for family tickets can then be a blend of "every match" and "kid friendly matches" for the families where 1 (or both) parents will still get along to those games that they might not take their kids to.

I should say- I'm not really being too alarmist/won't someone think of the children, just trying to think of ways the club can address it to remain as financially sound as possible.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline

Senior Player
    I don't see how there can be that much difference between 7.40 and 7.10 for kids, and surely the Saturday twilight games are family friendly?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    I don't see how there can be that much difference between 7.40 and 7.10 for kids, and surely the Saturday twilight games are family friendly?
    I'm going to guess you don't have kids then? An extra 30 minutes is a big deal when 7:10 already leads to a pretty late finish anyway. I actually didn't count the games with a 7:40 start, and only meant 3 games (not 4)- my thoughts were the Sunday twilight games and the Friday night game. If you include those late Saturday games it could make it 5/11 (or 5/12) home games that may not be attractive for those with little ones.

I agree with the Saturday twilight games for families, I like that window (I think!).

An extra game at the SCG.
    Only 1 meaningful game at the white elephant of Homebush.
    Lots of Saturday games.
    A Friday night game....
    I'm happy with all this.
    From my perspective, it's an improvement on the last few years.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

the fixture is what it is - not everyone is going to be happy with it 100% of the time. Agree re the little kids (and why just little kids, what about old spinny's like me who like to be tucked up in bed at a reasonable hour?) it will all work out and it will be a good season for us. I'm going to hopefully do Launceston, and will definatly do Melbourne & Gold coast next year. Bring it on!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    Only 2 home games at ANZ? Brilliant.

And both completely missable;

The yearly loss to the Pies, and the gimme 4 points against the scum.
    Don't give that game against the Pies up yet we nearly did them in last season and I think next season we will do much better. One big thing to remember is Mick won't be at the Pies next year and even though I think we would beat them at ANZ even with Mick without him we are even better set.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345