Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: First game of the season - Swans v GWS

I think GWS will really struggle - they don't have the overall quality that Gold Coast had last season. I think they might sneak 1 or 2 wins, but no more than that to be honest this year. In a few years time they will be a very good football team indeed (as will the suns) as they will have a lot of high quality younger players maturing together.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Spot on! It's fun debating the merits of the sides on paper but once they cross that white line there are too many variables that can swing a contest either way.
    The Swans remind us of that too many times each season.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Hi All,

We've just found out that the member's pre-sale for Round 1 will be next Monday.
    Swans members will be given a password to receive a 10% discount off ticket purchases. We are still confirming all the details, so check your eNews this week for more information.

We're hoping to see a big crowd out there to kick off the year. Imagine a sea of red and white to greet our new rivals!

Jenny

Happy and I know it
    Ooh goody! The real games! Thanks for the heads-up, Jenny.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Hi All,

We've just found out that the member's pre-sale for Round 1 will be next Monday.
    Swans members will be given a password to receive a 10% discount off ticket purchases. We are still confirming all the details, so check your eNews this week for more information.

We're hoping to see a big crowd out there to kick off the year. Imagine a sea of red and white to greet our new rivals!

Jenny
    That sounds great Jenny. Can't wait for this game

My 100% discount with the RAS will come in handy for this game.

46.51 days to go.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    My 100% discount with the RAS will come in handy for this game.

46.51 days to go.
    .51 Al? Wow that is dedication. I can't wait either. My nephew came up from Melbourne for my birthday party and we discussed footy as always. He is a member at the Hawks and has been since he could crawl. So the footy discussion was mad and I loved it as we get few chances to talk real footy up here other than on a site like this. It looks like they are in good shape so we will have to watch the Hawks carefully. I think we are in great shape, touch wood, I am predicting Top Four if things all go right (no injuries etc). I also think we need to be wary of this first game against GWS as they are going to throw everything at us.

On the Rookie List
    I think GWS will take Pt. Adelaide apart if they play them over here.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I think GWS will take Pt. Adelaide apart if they play them over here.
    In Thailand? Just tell them to stay away from Patong beach.

If I remember rightly the Port players had a little trouble on an end of season trip to Thailand a few years ago! 'Big Trouble Trouble In Little Thailand' I think was the Advertiser headline. My brother is a Port fan and even he says they are going to be lucky to get within 10 goals of any side this year.

Question Crowd size for Round 1

Any guesses as to the likely size of the crowd for Round 1?

Perusing the Giants website, they've apparently converted 4424 of those 12190 foundation members to full club members (seems a bit on the light side). So at least 4424 in some kind of orange gear should turn up.

How many of our people are gonna show?

All up I think the crowd will probably be about 25,000. Is that too conservative?

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Any guesses as to the likely size of the crowd for Round 1?

Perusing the Giants website, they've apparently converted 4424 of those 12190 foundation members to full club members (seems a bit on the light side). So at least 4424 in some kind of orange gear should turn up.

How many of our people are gonna show?

All up I think the crowd will probably be about 25,000. Is that too conservative?
    It all depends on how many freebies are given out in the Telegraph and at schools. I would think closer to 40,000 (or above) would be the bare minimum as the AFL wouldn't look too flash playing the first 'derby', the first match of GWS, and the first match of the season, to 60,000+ empty seats. They'll try to get as much of a rent a crowd there as they can...

Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast