Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: First game of the season - Swans v GWS

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Probably not but I hate to be complacent.
    I'm feeling very complacent at the moment - after all it's still 6 weeks away from the season's start....

Quote Originally Posted by swansprincess View Post
    I'll also be making the trip to sydney for the game and I've only ever been there once when I was a kid so I have no idea about anything. I have a couple of questions I need help with if anyone would be kind enough to help me out with?

First of all, what is the best and probably cheapest way for 3 people to get from the airport to anz stadium?
    And also the best way to get back to the airport afterwards? And in regards to that, are trains in sydney safe to travel on late on a saturday night?

I would be so grateful if anyone could help me out with these!
    I dont think you will be back at the airport in time to get the last plane even by train - Sydney has a curfew and all passenger flights stop at 11pm (or is it 10pm?) - so I would suggest that you get the train back to central and some cheap accomodation either around Central or if you are really desperate the Formula 1 at the airport and get the early flight out next morning.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    I dont think you will be back at the airport in time to get the last plane even by train - Sydney has a curfew and all passenger flights stop at 11pm (or is it 10pm?) - so I would suggest that you get the train back to central and some cheap accomodation either around Central or if you are really desperate the Formula 1 at the airport and get the early flight out next morning.
    There is nothing wrong with the Formule 1 at Sydney Airport. I have stayed there and it is cleaner and quieter than many other hotels. The Queen bed rooms are comparable to most motels, they even have tiles on the floor and walls instead of the fibreglass cabinet.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Do you realise we haven't won a round one since 2005. We drew last year against Melbourne but that is the closest we have come since 2005. About time to win round one
    And even in 2005 our Round 1 win was against the Hawks, who were still rubbish back then. Think it was Buddy Franklin's first game IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    There is nothing wrong with the Formule 1 at Sydney Airport. I have stayed there and it is cleaner and quieter than many other hotels. The Queen bed rooms are comparable to most motels, they even have tiles on the floor and walls instead of the fibreglass cabinet.
    Sorry GS14 - its jsut not my kind of place, stayed in one once and vowed never to again & yes I'm a motel/hotel snob - but having stayed in some really crap places in my time here and overseas, I am now at an age where I love my creature comforts its a failing I know - sorry but its true!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Sorry GS14 - its jsut not my kind of place, stayed in one once and vowed never to again & yes I'm a motel/hotel snob - but having stayed in some really crap places in my time here and overseas, I am now at an age where I love my creature comforts its a failing I know - sorry but its true!!!
    I know hoe you feel after my last trip to Thailand I refuse to stay at another 3 Star Hotel in Asia. % Star for me from now on. In Aus 3 Star are OK as are some of the Formula 1's if they are the best of them but not the bunk bed F1's thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    A little help needed folks. I'm coming to Sydney for the GWS game but I've never been to ANZ before.

I've had the e-mail about tickets from the club, is it worth just ignoring th cost and going for the Platinum tickets. Will they be the best seats?

Thanks in advance
    Platinum would be the best seats. I think they are on the wings and on level 4. Level 4 is brilliant. You get an elevated view, but you are not too high and still pretty close. If you're travelling for the game, I'd pay a bit more for the good seats.

As I have a stack of bills and a whole platinum family membership to pay for, I have opted to grab GA tickets for this game. Hopefully will be able to sit amongst like-minded folk and show 'em who's boss. I'd be astounded if they bothered opening level 6 for this game. Presales would have to be AMAZING for that to happen.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

i'd prefer it if no Swans fans went so we could all laugh at the 4K crowd
    -

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    There'll be plenty of opportunities for a laugh at their crowds throughout the year - I hope 95% of Homebush is red and white for game 1....

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    There'll be plenty of opportunities for a laugh at their crowds throughout the year - I hope 95% of Homebush is red and white for game 1....
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    They're up to 5,193 members at the moment. Be interesting to see how many they get by the time Round 1 rolls around, and if they all show up.

Speaking of members, we currently have 19,317. Does that include our Melbourne members?

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    They're up to 5,193 members at the moment. Be interesting to see how many they get by the time Round 1 rolls around, and if they all show up.

Speaking of members, we currently have 19,317. Does that include our Melbourne members?
    Probably, as well as our pet members, too.