Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: First game of the season - Swans v GWS

I'll be wearing my Swans and GWS gear.

Even got a call from Sheeds today with their new Club song. It's interesting.

GWS has 25% of our membership (figuratively and literally). That's not good stats. I would have thought that a 19,000 membership wasn't that great compared to previous years.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    wut?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post

Even got a call from Sheeds today with their new Club song. It's interesting.

GWS has 25% of our membership (figuratively and literally). That's not good stats. I would have thought that a 19,000 membership wasn't that great compared to previous years.
    For the sake of consistency, you should wear your GWS gear to Round 1, and your Swans gear to Round 14.

As for expressing concern over how many GWS members there are compared to us, that is just bizarre. You're one of the reasons for it.

I'm trying to score free tickets from work (they are members of Stadium Australia).
    Saves me putting money into the coffers of the bogans.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    and we'll finally get a look at GWS on Sunday.

Looks like the other teams in their group of three have only got 12-13 bext XXII players and giving a lot of fringe players and kids a run so GWS won't have to front up to a full strength side this week.

I'll be glued to the TV from late this aternoon, glad it's finally getting underway.

Once again the AFL in it's wisdom decides to make it hard for people to view their game. I thought they were trying to promote the game not hide it away on Foxtel. Soccer doesn't get crowds to the game, they are promoted in newspapers and on SBS but no games live except Foxtel and they are going to die again mark my words. The AFL should be trying to promote the game here and in Brisvegas not hide it. I have philosophical problems with paying for television because I still remember TV Licenses. Secondly I am philosophically opposed to Murdoch so I will never put money in his pockets!
    Good luck to those who have Pay TV have a good time watching but I don't suppose there will even be a Pub near me with the damn games on. Blast You AFL!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Once again the AFL in it's wisdom decides to make it hard for people to view their game. I thought they were trying to promote the game not hide it away on Foxtel. Soccer doesn't get crowds to the game, they are promoted in newspapers and on SBS but no games live except Foxtel and they are going to die again mark my words. The AFL should be trying to promote the game here and in Brisvegas not hide it. I have philosophical problems with paying for television because I still remember TV Licenses. Secondly I am philosophically opposed to Murdoch so I will never put money in his pockets!
    Good luck to those who have Pay TV have a good time watching but I don't suppose there will even be a Pub near me with the damn games on. Blast You AFL!
    Hear, hear.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Happy and I know it
    Follow the money....

I think the Bankers Cup is something we can survive without.

Hey, apparently it's even started. So there you go, who cares.
    -

Judging by their performance in the NAB Cup tonight, the Giants might not be the pushovers everyone is expecting.

It seems they have a very good midfield. At the first bounce of the second half against Collingwood, I noticed one of their midfield got the ball away from a veritable sea of black and white.

I wish we had someone who could do that against Collingwood.

Goes up to 11
    Go jam it GWS and your money grubbing AFL cronies - I am over you lot already

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Go jam it GWS and your money grubbing AFL cronies - I am over you lot already
    I don't know what the problem is, they are only another club, just like all of the others.
    Does God believe in Atheists?