Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122 LastLast

Thread: First game of the season - Swans v GWS

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    Judging by their performance in the NAB Cup tonight, the Giants might not be the pushovers everyone is expecting.
    They put in a very good effort, and with a bit of luck could have snatched either game.

However, the dogs and pies were VERY underdone, and were missing a lot of their senior players. GWS on the other hand were missing only Setanta and Patton? The early stages of the NAB cup were always going to be their best bet at scoring wins this season, once the real stuff begins and other clubs start playing full strength teams, they will find the going a lot tougher. Having said that, I still think they're a chance against the likes of Port or Gold Coast.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    I don't know what the problem is, they are only another club, just like all of the others.
    My attitude going in is that they haven't earnt my hatred yet. They are simply an amusing distraction while we go about our business. Give them a couple of years to have achieved SOMETHING and they might be worthy of our attention.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    They put in a very good effort, and with a bit of luck could have snatched either game.

However, the dogs and pies were VERY underdone, and were missing a lot of their senior players. GWS on the other hand were missing only Setanta and Patton? The early stages of the NAB cup were always going to be their best bet at scoring wins this season, once the real stuff begins and other clubs start playing full strength teams, they will find the going a lot tougher. Having said that, I still think they're a chance against the likes of Port or Gold Coast.
    According to match reports, GWS only had one player with AFL experience against Collingwood, and I think that was the ex-Crows guy. The rest were kids.

Whoever was on the park, I doubt Collingwood was expecting the game to be that close. Swan didn't sound too happy when he was being interviewed post-match.

Senior Player
    Yeah the GWS team was not their best side, even if Collingwood was missing half their best 22. The point to be taken here is that GWS are at least on par with Gold Coast, and will be intermittently competitive this year. Will not go winless.

They may even be slightly ahead of Gold Coast - they have more up forward and is it just me or did they seem to have some bigger bodies than the Suns did?
    Last edited by R-1; 19th February 2012 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Yeah the GWS team was not their best side, even if Collingwood was missing half their best 22. The point to be taken here is that GWS are at least on par with Gold Coast, and will be intermittently competitive this year. Will not go winless.

They may even be slightly ahead of Gold Coast - they have more up forward and is it just me or did they seem to have some bigger bodies than the Suns did?
    I made the point some time ago that they are tall and mobile. I have been saying for a while don't take them for granted. They only played a few AFL players last night and both Pies and Doggies had more players with AFL experience. I think they were very competitive. I think they will scrap for every ball and they will win a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    According to match reports, GWS only had one player with AFL experience against Collingwood, and I think that was the ex-Crows guy. The rest were kids.

Whoever was on the park, I doubt Collingwood was expecting the game to be that close. Swan didn't sound too happy when he was being interviewed post-match.
    Swan sounded half drunk and completely disinterested in the post game interview!
    I don't think Bucks will be losing to much sleep over what he saw last night.

I refer to post number 1.

PS: Swan always sounds half drunk.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I refer to post number 1.

PS: Swan always sounds half drunk.
    And he is usually disinterested in interviews.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Once again the AFL in it's wisdom decides to make it hard for people to view their game. I thought they were trying to promote the game not hide it away on Foxtel. Soccer doesn't get crowds to the game, they are promoted in newspapers and on SBS but no games live except Foxtel and they are going to die again mark my words. The AFL should be trying to promote the game here and in Brisvegas not hide it. I have philosophical problems with paying for television because I still remember TV Licenses. Secondly I am philosophically opposed to Murdoch so I will never put money in his pockets!
    Good luck to those who have Pay TV have a good time watching but I don't suppose there will even be a Pub near me with the damn games on. Blast You AFL!
    I used to resent paying for TV too but soon realised that I was spending way more money at the pub watching sport of interest than any monthly fee for the service. Signed up many years ago. No regrets. There's great value for fans of multiple sports.

What I like about this game is that I could rock up at Ticketek at 11.30 yesterday morning and come away with two seats in Bay 408 Row 1. Not quite Wardy's silver service in the members, but the RAS reciprical arrangement appears to have crashed this year.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys

Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    What I like about this game is that I could rock up at Ticketek at 11.30 yesterday morning and come away with two seats in Bay 408 Row 1. Not quite Wardy's silver service in the members, but the RAS reciprical arrangement appears to have crashed this year.
    Well done - Bays 407 & 408 are probably the best viewing areas in the whole stadium.

707, have you bought your tickets yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    I used to resent paying for TV too but soon realised that I was spending way more money at the pub watching sport of interest than any monthly fee for the service. Signed up many years ago. No regrets. There's great value for fans of multiple sports.
    I'm sorry but I refuse to put money into that person's pocket. I think he is a blight on humanity.