Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: First game of the season - Swans v GWS

Quote Originally Posted by Old Royboy View Post
    What I like about this game is that I could rock up at Ticketek at 11.30 yesterday morning and come away with two seats in Bay 408 Row 1. Not quite Wardy's silver service in the members, but the RAS reciprical arrangement appears to have crashed this year.
    Sadly I cant attend the game anyway - I have to attend a wedding!!!! I questioned the bride and asked whether she was sure of her dates - the look I received in return wasnt a good one!!! so I will be texted the scores during the course of the evening.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Obviously she didn't ask when the season started! I mean she could have moved her wedding to the following weekend! Some people......
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Obviously she didn't ask when the season started! I mean she could have moved her wedding to the following weekend! Some people......
    Perhaps the bride made her plans (like myself) assuming the season would start when it was supposed to start, before some genius at AFL HQ decided to stuff us around by making our game a stand alone thereby leaving some dedicated fans unable to attend!
    I haven't missed a game the Swans have played in NSW for ten years till this - still mightily peed off!!!!!

You going to a wedding too Jewels?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Perhaps the bride made her plans (like myself) assuming the season would start when it was supposed to start, before some genius at AFL HQ decided to stuff us around by making our game a stand alone thereby leaving some dedicated fans unable to attend!
    I haven't missed a game the Swans have played in NSW for ten years till this - still mightily peed off!!!!!
    Well I thought that it was going to be the following weekend - sadly no - oh well it should be nice, so am off to Peters of Kensington again to buy a present (this is the child of friends of mine - I have never done registry before and I know that they have a taste for the finer things!!!) my 57th wedding, still not my own.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    For the sake of consistency, you should wear your GWS gear to Round 1, and your Swans gear to Round 14.

As for expressing concern over how many GWS members there are compared to us, that is just bizarre. You're one of the reasons for it.
    Consistency for whom?

No concern, just a fact. Nothing bizarre at all. Swans have been here since 1992 and have just under 20,000 and GWS have yet to play a game and have 5,000. It should be a concern for the Swans.

I'm glad to have memberships to both Clubs. Will continue to do so and don't care what anyone else thinks.

I love watching Aussie Rules and 19 games in Sydney is perfect. Well 22 would be better.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    my 57th wedding, still not my own.
    Perhaps a mail (male) order husband who has enough brains to open a bottle of wine. There is internet dating and you can play "stalker lotto". That fills in a bit of time between games. Do you remember when I told you about my first internet date? The 10 year old photo's

It's said that marriage is an institution................do you really want to get institutionalised?

I'll give you some Brewongle tips on saving money by not dating. Gives you plenty of money to get Fox Footy Channel.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    You going to a wedding too Jewels?
    No Prims, I will be on a cruise that was meticulously planned to fit in with the football season, or so I thought!

I just damn well hope they televise it on the boat.

The girl who has the wedding probably doesn't follow footy if she followed it she would know you never have a wedding in the footy season. Always in the Cricket season as that is easier to catch up on.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    "And the tides of life will be the tides of the home-team's fortunes
    - the reckless proposal after the one-point win,
    the wedding and honeymoon after the grand-final ..." [from Bruce Dawe, life-cycle]
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Perhaps a mail (male) order husband who has enough brains to open a bottle of wine. There is internet dating and you can play "stalker lotto". That fills in a bit of time between games. Do you remember when I told you about my first internet date? The 10 year old photo's

It's said that marriage is an institution................do you really want to get institutionalised?

I'll give you some Brewongle tips on saving money by not dating. Gives you plenty of money to get Fox Footy Channel.
    Good on you Bas!!

I am the proudest Swannies fan around! Only missed 5 home games since they have been in Sydney.

BUT I also love AFL! So this year, on top of my Sydney Swans membership I bought an AFL membership with GWS support. It means I get into their games in Sydney as well as any combination of 40 home and away games when I am in Melbourne to follow the Swannies.

No shame in holding duel memberships...I see it as 1 supporting the Swans and the other as supporting AFL!!

Go Swannies!
    Swannies for life!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Good on you Bas!! ...

No shame in holding duel memberships...I see it as 1 supporting the Swans and the other as supporting AFL!!

Go Swannies!
    Now that's an excellent way to describe it!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)