Thread: Guernsey numbers available

Veterans List

Guernsey numbers available

More time filling in the off season, boy this is a slow time of the year.

So what numbers are free for allocation in 2012 and who will get them?

Who should upgrade to a higher number? I've missed all of the 2011 working in the sticks in WA so I'm not sure what numbers the new in 2010 players are wearing.

I hope I've got these numbers correct, desperately trying to remember who has gone and the numbers they wore - will Tom Mitchell wear his father's No.10, does Tommy keep No.17 Irish, who get's the club games holders No.19, or the famous defenders No.6, what about No.22 that has had a couple of speedy left footers as previous owners, Captain Bloods No.31?
    Last edited by 707; 12th November 2011 at 01:50 AM.

Blog Entries
    This will tell you what numbers are available.
    RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Going from a higher jumper number to a lower jumper number seems to be passe these days. Guys with high numbers like Pyke, Grundy, Smith and Mumford would in the past have gone for a lower number but are happy to stick to their original jumper number probably for sentimental reasons. Recent 'upgrades' I can recall are Kieren Jack from 48 to 15 (2008?), Brett Meredith from 38 to 7 (2009?), Daniel Currie from 35 to 10 (2009?) and Nick Malceski from 40 to 9 (2006). Out of the current lot Nipper Gordon is the only chance to move away from his jumper number 45.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Going from a higher jumper number to a lower jumper number seems to be passe these days. Guys with high numbers like Pyke, Grundy, Smith and Mumford would in the past have gone for a lower number but are happy to stick to their original jumper number probably for sentimental reasons. Recent 'upgrades' I can recall are Kieren Jack from 48 to 15 (2008?), Brett Meredith from 38 to 7 (2009?), Daniel Currie from 35 to 10 (2009?) and Nick Malceski from 40 to 9 (2006). Out of the current lot Nipper Gordon is the only chance to move away from his jumper number 45.
    In Mummy's case, he wore 41 at Geelong and when he came to Sydney, he noticed noone had their name on the 41 locker so he requested the 41 so he could hopefully be the first.

Was wondering how long this subject would take to surface.
    Agree 17 should stay Irish, HOWEver, does the man want to make another number his own.
    10 should have a Tom Mitchell attached to it, but does he want to make another number his.
    19 - Eeuww........no, can't see anyone else in that number.....maybe Jetts would like to upgrade?
    31 - Strangely I would like to see Luke Parker wear this number, not anyone new to the club. Parks to me is a future leader, a fearce competitor who has no fear nor awareness of self preservation - remind you of anyone?
    6 - Bet young AJ would give up 34 for Dunks old number......
    22...we have had some "fails" with this number. Needs a strong personality to take it over.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    This will tell you what numbers are available.
    RWO - RedAndWhiteOnline.com
    I've been meaning to say Scott - this is a great feature. Thanks to you and the others who set it up.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    I've been meaning to say Scott - this is a great feature. Thanks to you and the others who set it up.
    No probs!! I enjoyed helping put it together.

It's still very much a work in progress. I still pick up errors occasionally.
    So if you see something, please let me know.

Most importantly who will get the famed No. 42 ????

Or

Good question which deserves great consideration since I am a fan of the blond. Who indeed. Eugene?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Most importantly who will get the famed No. 42 ????
    I will not comment for fear of being stabbed in the back......virtually.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

If I remember rightly the Guernsey presentation is a big thing at the club & the player numbers won't be known until presentation night.

I think you're right.

Guernsey presentation is a great night - this year's featured a rousing speech from McVeigh.

Plus it's combined with the Hall of Fame inductions from next year.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas