Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Pre season Training

Its November Stella, its probably pretty much a moot point until say February....I mean the weight of the mo's has to be factored in before they come off, and all that stuff.
    I can't think any other club would be bothering at this stage of preseason training; I think they would be more interested in three months time at where they are at then. wouldn't they? I think the boys at this stage are more or less trying to better last year's figures. Competing against their own stats.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Oh yes, I fully appreciate that- it was more just for idle curiosity than anything. In need they could even just print their placing underneath a picture of them crossing the finish line topless.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

We must be bored to be talking about facial hair but while we are on the subject Reg and Marty could do with a good clean up in that department. They both look like a couple of crims off a 1970's detective program. Maybe the not shaving on game day is to frighten the opposition when they see them coming, it ain't working. I want to see a big mo like Dipper's, I think they modelled Papa Geusseppi on him.

I just had a look at the highlights package for Walsh, Morton & Armstrong again. Tony really is a fantastic deliverer of the ball, both in kicking & handball. Morton's skill is freaky and I think at his best he could be the game buster. Walsh was playing FF I noticed on the highlights and seemed to be doing a pretty good job. Good lead and mark, good body position in contests and his kicking is not as bad as was pointed out here on these forums. I don't think he's far away from totally getting the gist of the skills bit. They are all real team players I noticed, giving the ball to a player in a better position every time. Tony's delivery is super & he runs & backs up. I think the recruiting dept have done good!

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I did wonder about too much info, but surely opposition clubs are getting who is quick/ who tires quickly already?
    I guess it's the accumulation of detail that's as interesting to other clubs as to us. Like if a player goes 20 secs slower - that means he's going to running sand dunes at Xmas (ha).

If everyone released their 3km trial figures, they'd cease to be so sensitive. Where's Julian Assange when you need him?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I just had a look at the highlights package for Walsh, Morton & Armstrong again. Tony really is a fantastic deliverer of the ball, both in kicking & handball. Morton's skill is freaky and I think at his best he could be the game buster. Walsh was playing FF I noticed on the highlights and seemed to be doing a pretty good job. Good lead and mark, good body position in contests and his kicking is not as bad as was pointed out here on these forums. I don't think he's far away from totally getting the gist of the skills bit. They are all real team players I noticed, giving the ball to a player in a better position every time. Tony's delivery is super & he runs & backs up. I think the recruiting dept have done good!
    Armstrongs foot skills by foot in that clip were impeccable. Granted it was all from from (i think) the one game against , and there were a lot of passes you would expect league footballers to make most of the time, but thats out problem isn't it. We regularly missed regulation passes last year. Armstrong nailed his with authority ( whilst under pressure) , and never seemed to make it more difficult for the recipeint with his placement, if anything he made it easier ( as it should be). His speed also looked good in that, probably a little better then i thought it was after reading peoples assesments on here. I agree he could be a real bonus for us next year. It will be very intersting to see how the 22 takes shape. If i wasnt such a cricket tragic, and didnt desperately need holidays and some sunshine, i would fast forward to round 1 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I just had a look at the highlights package for Walsh, Morton & Armstrong again.
    They are all real team players I noticed, giving the ball to a player in a better position every time.
    Maybe in the highlight packages...but Morton has always been a selfish player,goes for speccies unnecessarily, impossible kicks for goal rather than looking for a better option, poor chasing.... which is why Hardwick left him out of his ordinary team, and then traded him.
    Hopefully coming face to face with AFL mortality, and joining an unselfish culture at the Swans, will cause him to change his ways and become a team player.....at this stage he's saying all the right things...time will tell.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Blimey - wow wee - bring it on!!! its not like any of us gals are going home to anything remotely close to that at night (and if any of the RWO gals are - then well done!) So if its ok for the chaps to perv at scantilly clad women then we gals, and particularly those of us over a certain age, we can look at pics like this! its only right!!!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

I am reading you loud and clear Wardy.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I see we've invited a few players to train with the squad.
    Harry Cunningham (Wagga)........... Maybe a Kel selection!
    Potter and Thompson (from Sydney)
    and Campbell Heath.
    Does anyone know much about Cunningham from Turvey Park?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I see we've invited a few players to train with the squad.
    Harry Cunningham (Wagga)........... Maybe a Kel selection!
    Potter and Thompson (from Sydney)
    and Campbell Heath.
    Does anyone know much about Cunningham from Turvey Park?
    He's a winger that played for NSW/ACT Rams U18s this year. I'm surprised that GWS haven't taken him as he played a number of games in their NEAFL side this year. Has pace and very good skills.

Senior Player
    How many rookie spots do we have open now?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast