Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 RWO draft thread - as it happens and the wash up

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Bevans last hope is as a rookie
    Can he be picked up in the PSD??
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Senior Player
    Not a very exciting night for us but a smart move to go for a couple of long term prospects.

Never heard of Alex Brown before tonight but wow his style is very similar to Alex Johnson from the footage on the AFL website

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    He can but since he nominated for this one too can't see why a club who wants him On their senior. Listed didn't pick him up tonight

Kinda liked the look of Josh Tynan, but thankful the Fev madness didn't eventuate.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Senior Player
    Really good reports on Lockyer on the other site from west australians in the drafting thread, comparing his agression at the ball to Jack Darling although without the physical development

They seem to think he has the capability to impact at senior level in year 1, although i presume we are looking longer term

GWS have 6 or so picks left....all at the top of the PSD so at the very least they save a few weeks wages by not taking players now!
    "I'll acknowledge there are more talented teams in the competition but I won't acknowledge that there is a better team in the competition" Paul Roos March 2005

So one pick in the PSD either Campbell Heath or someone else. It will be interesting to see if they invite anyone for preseason training

Veteran Site Admin
    Wrong simpkin he's at geelong
    Yeah, you're right (of course). I can never remember which of those clubs drafted younger brother and which took our old one.

Veteran Site Admin
    Tonight's drafting certainly looks like planning for the post-Ted/Marty/LRT era.

Also suggests they are thinking of Walsh more as a forward at this stage than a defender.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Yeah, you're right (of course). I can never remember which of those clubs drafted younger brother and which took our old one.
    Didn't realise they were related. So there's a little coterie of ex-Swans (mainly reserves) at other clubs, I wonder if any of them will reall come back to haunt us: Lewis Johnston (Adelaide) Sam Rowe (Carlton) Peter Faulks (Fremantle) Jon Simpkin (Geelong) Simon Phillips (Port Adelaide) Pat Veszpremi (Western Bulldogs)

I think we're pretty safe to be honest.

Veterans List
    Didn't realise they were related. So there's a little coterie of ex-Swans (mainly reserves) at other clubs, I wonder if any of them will reall come back to haunt us: Lewis Johnston (Adelaide) Sam Rowe (Carlton) Peter Faulks (Fremantle) Jon Simpkin (Geelong) Simon Phillips (Port Adelaide) Pat Veszpremi (Western Bulldogs)
    Not to mention premiership heroes Schneider, Dempster, Buchs & Jolly.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast