Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2011 RWO draft thread - as it happens and the wash up

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Fev ????............Sorry Ugg couldn't resist....
    I almost want it to happen. The meltdown that RWO will experience will be most entertaining.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    ...we can finally put the Fev rumours to bed? Dead. Buried. Cremated

So we're going into 2012 with 37 senior listed players including 1 inside and 1 outside vet which in normal circumstances would allow us one more spot on the rookie list but we can an extended rookie list in any case with the zone-selection picks. Are we trying to save money? Perhaps to spend on retaining guys like Reid?
    My understanding is that all lists are 38+ nowadays. So if we have no spaces on the list that indicates that they have moved Goodes back inside the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I almost want it to happen. The meltdown that RWO will experience will be most entertaining.
    So do I. Let's welcome the dark side..............................

Look at it this way. GWS have just recruited Patton and with Folau will have all the attention in the media next year.

The best way of changing that.....................recruiting another very bad, bad boy from the AFL.

It makes total sense. He will contribute more game time than Bradshaw did and to quote the late Bhagwan Shree Rashneesh - Any publicity is good publicity.

Perhaps if anything, the Swans could use him to teach our young guys how to kick straight.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    ...we can finally put the Fev rumours to bed? Dead. Buried. Cremated

So we're going into 2012 with 37 senior listed players including 1 inside and 1 outside vet which in normal circumstances would allow us one more spot on the rookie list but we can an extended rookie list in any case with the zone-selection picks. Are we trying to save money? Perhaps to spend on retaining guys like Reid?
    It's not just the extra space, it's also the fact that we get a free rookie upgrade when we keep a veteran inside the list. So if we have a rookie that is performing (e.g. Dyl), we don't have to wait for a long term injury in order to play him.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Maybe they are holding off and waiting to see if Dyl rises to the occasion and they elevate him. Or another rookie. We obviously have done well from the rookie pool so why not hold a spot open and use that as bait. How much do you want it, what are you prepared to do to get that open spot.

Cambo hasn't done all that much wrong, so not sure what's going on there. Maybe he isn't doing what Kane Murphy isn't doing (at present, I still have hopes for him, he got a jolt) and bash the door down instead of just knocking at it.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Anyone notice the photo of the top ten picks? the bloke in the Port Adelaide jumper did not look impressed.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Anyone notice the photo of the top ten picks? the bloke in the Port Adelaide jumper did not look impressed.
    Chad is a SA local boy. He was probably hoping to get out of SA poor soul.............

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Actually from what I understand he - Chad Wingard - and his family were very impressed - he's an Adelaide boy and was hoping to stay home, so he's happy. Saw a bit of him on telly in the U18 championships and he's a bit of a gun. Port were hoping he'd get through to them and not be snapped up by GWS...

Its the word snap isn't it. Probably just an awful photo subject....

Who would get excited playing for Port? Premiership chance in about 10 years.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Living in 2005
    I thought the Sturt boy going to Port and his family were the happiest in terms of reaction when names were called out, seemed to be the only boy going to a non Victorian club getting to stay home!

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Actually from what I understand he - Chad Wingard - and his family were very impressed - he's an Adelaide boy and was hoping to stay home, so he's happy. Saw a bit of him on telly in the U18 championships and he's a bit of a gun. Port were hoping he'd get through to them and not be snapped up by GWS...
    Totally.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    So do I. Let's welcome the dark side..............................

Look at it this way. GWS have just recruited Patton and with Folau will have all the attention in the media next year.

The best way of changing that.....................recruiting another very bad, bad boy from the AFL.

It makes total sense. He will contribute more game time than Bradshaw did and to quote the late Bhagwan Shree Rashneesh - Any publicity is good publicity.

Perhaps if anything, the Swans could use him to teach our young guys how to kick straight.
    Cant argue with that Bas - Fev is alot of things and being a straight kick is one of the very few positives, and to be brutally honest - we need help in the kicking area. I too would also like to see the RWO meltdown, its would give any footy forum richter scale out there a run for its money!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast