Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paul Kelly quits GWS

Well, we DID make him a statue...
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Ah yes, Kirky, good point. An immortal in our eyes, it would be hard for him to wash us under the table. Anyone else rub the footy while passing the statue? or is that just me.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Happy and I know it
    Not just you Primmy. I give him a pat everytime I walk past.

Damn statue gets in my way going into the Brewongle. Wish they'd get rid of it.

*waits for the flogging from the RWO ladies*
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    *waits for the flogging from the RWO ladies*
    You wish, Al.

In your dreams Al.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Legend.

Paul Kelly took on a very difficult task that of getting a new club established in what has become Swans Heartland. The South was always cut between us & Essendon and the occasional player who decided to have a lobotomy and go to Collingwood. I applaud him for taking on this for him odorous task and handling it so well. I do worry that our area is in the North though as it is definitely the harder area to crack. Not only because of League but because of the Suns. I know that a lot of the Northern NSW mob were looking forward to a Gold Coast team so they could follow them. just like everyone from Lismore up wants to decamp to Qld. It is going to be a tough battle to sell AFL to the North but at least we only have half of NSW to spend our money on rather than the lot. The problem with having areas of AFL infestation is there is a temptation to spend the majority of the funds on these areas and to neglect the others. Now we have a mandate in the North lets spend bulk on getting kids to play our sport!

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    You wish, Al.

We can always pass a hat around the Brewongle next year and arrange something for him in Oxford St. However what can you get for a $1:75 ????
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Anyone else rub the footy while passing the statue? or is that just me.
    There was a time when I used to steady myself on the way out after the game. Provided a good target that football.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by andyn View Post
    Love it!

but ... does anyone else wonder if the reason he left GWS is because he knows of specific tactics to unsettle the Swans e.g. big name player poaching?? Even though he is a blood, surely it's not so hard to work with another team through their first few struggling seasons, when nobody is really too worried about playing them (surely even taking a job with them in the first place was tough). What if he knows about specific plans by GWS to upset Swans fans and the club? Was there a tipping point that he couldn't be a part of? Does anyone put such tactics past Sheedy who would know that developing a rivalry in Sydney is probably the best way to ensure success. Is there more to this departure than meets the eye?
    Pish posh. As if the Swans have anything to fear from GWS over and above their massive bank balance. Seriously you need bex and a lie down Andy. Everything is going to be alright!

Can I just say that I thought that my love for Paul Kelly could not possibly grow more! I LOVE THAT MAN!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Paul Kelly took on a very difficult task that of getting a new club established in what has become Swans Heartland. The South was always cut between us & Essendon and the occasional player who decided to have a lobotomy and go to Collingwood. I applaud him for taking on this for him odorous task and handling it so well. I do worry that our area is in the North though as it is definitely the harder area to crack. Not only because of League but because of the Suns. I know that a lot of the Northern NSW mob were looking forward to a Gold Coast team so they could follow them. just like everyone from Lismore up wants to decamp to Qld. It is going to be a tough battle to sell AFL to the North but at least we only have half of NSW to spend our money on rather than the lot. The problem with having areas of AFL infestation is there is a temptation to spend the majority of the funds on these areas and to neglect the others. Now we have a mandate in the North lets spend bulk on getting kids to play our sport!
    Don't forget we also have Wollongong and the South Coast!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast