Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Best XX11 for 2012

LRT is not a good ruck. He is a pinch hitter at best, and he knows it but has the intestinals to take it on when there is a problem with the cattle. Noone would have him in by choice (especially at his current age) as a 2nd ruck/forward as he is an extremely good backman who can kick the occasional goal.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    I am surprised anyone is even questioning whether Johnson is in the the starting 18 let alone 22. Was he not the revelation of 2011?

I think he played a fairly handy finals game against St Kilda for someone so inexperienced.

I agree Nico I just find it astounding people are saying he should go out for LRT. LRT will be vying for posies with Reg and Teddy with the other two just ahead at this time. Because AJ is so versatile, being able to play a tall or small, due to his pace he would be a motza to be included. The other three have limitations in that they would only play on talls or mid/tall players. The other thing is AJ is a pretty good kick and generally makes good decisions. Teddy would be a first up pick I should think after last year.

I also third the astonishment that anyone could think of leaving Johnson out. He was superb last season for a first year player, and will only get better. I can see him as a long term, quality defender - being one that never gets the plaudits from the media he deserves, but just does his job well. Would be in the first dozen names on my team sheet I'd think, no way I'd even consider leaving him out.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I agree Nico I just find it astounding people are saying he should go out for LRT. LRT will be vying for posies with Reg and Teddy with the other two just ahead at this time. Because AJ is so versatile, being able to play a tall or small, due to his pace he would be a motza to be included. The other three have limitations in that they would only play on talls or mid/tall players. The other thing is AJ is a pretty good kick and generally makes good decisions. Teddy would be a first up pick I should think after last year.
    I actually agree with this and am prepared to revise my previous statement from choosing 3 of 4 (LRT, Richards, Grundy, AJ); to choosing 2 of 3 (LRT, Richards, Grundy).

But I still think LRT is ahead of Richards, primarily due to the way footy is going with the 2nd ruckman resting forward. LRT can easily cover them. Richards cannot.

LRT and Grundy for me.
    Last edited by Bloody Hell; 13th February 2012 at 10:07 PM.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Teddy played so well last season and the last few games of 2010. He was at the crossroads in 2010 and needed to step up. He did so and is admired by everyone for it. Whatever the psych did with him it worked. Now all we have to do is get the psych to work on Reg's kicking, Sam's kicking for goal and TDL's will to tackle & it will be xmas all season.

The problem with LRT and Ted is neither is much good outside defence. .Most likely it will be Ted at full-back and LRT will be one of the gang of ruck/forwards.

Wouldn't surprise to see the club experiment with player rotations, especially for rucks and talls. St Kilda are the latest to join the craze.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Longmire is touting Walsh for either a Key Forward or Back position. That is most interesting as there was speculation he would play forward due to his VFL position I presume.

I'm just waking from my off season siesta, happy new year to all!
    I've laid my annual bet..... at the handsome odds of 34's...now for the team:

B : Smith, Richards, Shaw

HB : Johnson, Grundy, McVeigh

C : Mattner, Goodes ,Hannebery

HF : OKeefe, Reid, Rohan

F : McGlynn, White, Bolton

Ruck : Mumford, Kennedy, Jack

Inter : Pyke, Parker, Lamb
    Sub : Gordon

Emg : LRT, Jetta, Armstrong

Should be pressing hard : Morton, Walsh, Bird, Mitchell, Spangher, Seaby, TDL....etc etc... Depth always looks amazing in the off season.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post

Should be pressing hard : Morton, Walsh, Bird, Mitchell, Spangher, Seaby, TDL....etc etc... Depth always looks amazing in the off season.
    I wouldn't have said depth looked good a couple of years ago. I think we only had limited options and the others were serviceable but not quite there. I think the difference now is we have some real talent and a large group who can put it together at the top level. Even when Nathan Gordon came in for a game or so due to injury he put in and kicked a few goals and was quite good. Whereas a few years ago we would have been nervous about an untried rooky. Look at the likes of Pyke, Morton, Armstrong, Bulldog, Seaby, Mal and Spang have all done it at the top level. Then look at the potential talent of Brown, Cunningham, Lockyer, Mitchell, Gordon, Lamb, TDL, Jetstar, Walsh and Merridith. Then throw the other rookies into the equation and we have a very good witches brew to enchant our fans.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post

For mind the Full back line is too short to handle a resting ruck or twin towers like Buddy and Roughneck.I would have LRT in beside Teddy
    Rohan with his amazing run is wasted too close to goal and needs to takeover Kenelly's role and burst through the 1/2 backline and centre line..I would have Rohan 1/2 back flank. McVeigh 1/2 back? He and Goodsey are needed in the centre . Also Lamb is no way ahead of Parker yet so its Lamb out ,LRT in and a few position changes.White is lucky but too much has been invested already to ditch him

FB: Smith Richards LRT

HB: Johnson Grundy Rohan

C: Shaw Hanneberry Kennedy

Followers: Mumford Goodes Mc Veigh

HF: O'keefe Reid Mc Glynne

FF: Pyke Walsh Parker

IC: Mattner, Bolton , White

Emerg: Bird, Lamb, Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post

FB: Smith Richards LRT

HB: Johnson Grundy Rohan

C: Shaw Hanneberry Kennedy

Followers: Mumford Goodes Mc Veigh

HF: O'keefe Reid Mc Glynne

FF: Pyke Walsh Parker

IC: Mattner, Bolton , White

Emerg: Bird, Lamb, Mitchell
    No Jack. Same names coming up though. Solid Unit. Don't know what role White would have in that team though - All the talls are named.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.