Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Best XX11 for 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    - All the talls are named.
    but we are playing the Giants !!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    No Jack. Same names coming up though. Solid Unit. Don't know what role White would have in that team though - All the talls are named.
    You're right! Jack would have to start in the Centre,Mc Veigh to the forward line and Parker very reluctantly out to the interchange dropping White. It would depend on who we are playing of course and thank goodness for injuries,picking the best 22 is difficult and that's a good thing!

when all else fails read the instructions.

i.e., wait until the list is posted, we can speculate till the cows come home, but I doubt Horse is reading this thread.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    when all else fails read the instructions.

i.e., wait until the list is posted, we can speculate till the cows come home, but I doubt Horse is reading this thread.
    'Don't have an opinion cause the coach isn't paying attention' ? no thanks.

Senior Player
    A lot of things may be clearer this time tomorrow...after the intra club...

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    A lot of things may be clearer this time tomorrow...after the intra club...
    ...or it will be even more confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    For mind the Full back line is too short to handle a resting ruck or twin towers like Buddy and Roughneck.I would have LRT in beside Teddy
    Rohan with his amazing run is wasted too close to goal and needs to takeover Kenelly's role and burst through the 1/2 backline and centre line..I would have Rohan 1/2 back flank. McVeigh 1/2 back? He and Goodsey are needed in the centre . Also Lamb is no way ahead of Parker yet so its Lamb out ,LRT in and a few position changes.White is lucky but too much has been invested already to ditch him

FB: Smith Richards LRT

HB: Johnson Grundy Rohan

C: Shaw Hanneberry Kennedy

Followers: Mumford Goodes Mc Veigh

HF: O'keefe Reid Mc Glynne

FF: Pyke Walsh Parker

IC: Mattner, Bolton , White

Emerg: Bird, Lamb, Mitchell
    The size of the back line depends on whom we're playing. ie : If it's Hawthorn then I agree bring in LRT. If it's Carlton then better with an extra small defender.
    McVeigh played some good footy off the HB flank last year, and it wouldn't surprise to see him play that role again this year.
    Rohan has great run ,obviously, but that can be utilised just as affectively off a HF flank. Chasing down running defenders for starters. He can also take a great mark and loves a goal. I like him forward.
    And yeah, Lamb is my speccy...time will tell.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I don't know if someone else has suggested this already, but to solve the question of which three of LRT, Reg, Teddy, and AJ fit into the team, as well as giving us another big body / contested marking target up forward, how about trialling Reg up forward in the NAB cup? We all know he's got the talent, he's played well up there early in his career, he just didn't have the consistency, but he's definitely showed that lately. I love him in the backline outmarking Riewoldt and co. but I actually think that if it worked he would be of more value to the team up forward. And he would like the idea to me-thinks.
    AFL | Sydney Swans' Heath Grundy to go back to front again

Well the article basically answers the question. Reg will play in defense where he has found his home. He didn't work out as a forward and now is a very good defender and let's leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by ned View Post
    I don't know if someone else has suggested this already, but to solve the question of which three of LRT, Reg, Teddy, and AJ fit into the team, as well as giving us another big body / contested marking target up forward, how about trialling Reg up forward in the NAB cup? We all know he's got the talent, he's played well up there early in his career, he just didn't have the consistency, but he's definitely showed that lately. I love him in the backline outmarking Riewoldt and co. but I actually think that if it worked he would be of more value to the team up forward. And he would like the idea to me-thinks.
    AFL | Sydney Swans' Heath Grundy to go back to front again
    Grundy - Forward
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

If lRT plays he will go into the forward line as the backup ruckman, I noticed JAck was missing from the team above, what were you thinking there? Reg has been an asset at HB and is still improving, can't see him moving. Walsh will not start at FF, not for the first few games anyway, and White and LRT will probably not play in the same side, one or the other, and three running midfielders will start from the bench
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

I hope LRT is not going to be a back up ruck this year as it is not his possie. He is not a ruckman and it shows against some of the monsters like Kruizer, Hille and Hampson.