Kennedy
    Goodes

Smithy, Grundy, AJ
    Mattner, Teddy, Armstrong

Bench:
    19.Rohan
    20.Hannes
    21.Parker
    Shaw came 2nd in the BF playing in the back half.

I would think Shaw for Armstrong in the back line and Hanners in the 18 would be stronger.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Spang, White, Mcglynn
    ROK, Reid, Macca

Shaw
    Mummy
    Jude
    Jack
    Kennedy
    Goodes

Smithy, Grundy, AJ
    Mattner, Teddy, Armstrong

Bench:
    19.Rohan
    20.Hannes
    21.Parker
    22.Morton or Lamb?

The amazing thing is that only 5 from the 38 players listed so far have not played Seniors - and 2 of that 5 were drafted in 2011 anyway !!........the depth is very exciting

So the players under pressure I have put in RED. I think Walsh could take on Spangs role and I think White they will persist with initially if he has a good pre season and NAB. Armstrong for me is a walk in and I dont know who will get the nod for spot 22 ie TDL, Jetta, Nipper, Tom Mitchell, Birdy, Mal etc could all fight Lamb and Morton for that spot

The only reason I went with Morton or Lamb initially is because we need to persist with a genuine goal kicker medium small forward coming from the bench to replace ROK, Bolton, Macca - we need more goals and these two can kick them !
    I agree with you AG on the make up of best team, especially ROK & Macca in forward line, however I would swap Jude & McGlynn. ROK, Macca & Judes best days in the midfield are behind them, but they can all kick goals and thats what we need up front.

Walsh/Sprangher & Pyke/White will fight out the 2nd & 3rd tall positions up front with Reid.

Senior Player
    Taking a longer view ranging to the end of the 2012 season I think you could also say that by the end of the year there could be some sliders and risers.

Possible Cat 1 Sliders (due to aging bodies/injury): Bolton/Shaw/Mattner

Possible Cat 2 Risers:Lamb, Walsh, Pyke, Spangher, Morton, Armstrong, White (one last chance to find his Mojo).

I also think that AJ, Bird and Nick Malceski should be Cat 1 to start with.

I also think that the Cat 3 list will only consist of this year's lower draftees and the rookies. Every other player on the list will be in contention at some stage of the year IMHO.

I also think that there is the potential that the Mummy will be tried at FF with Pyke in the ruck due to the much improved kicking of the Mummy and his improved pack marking/abilty to bust packs up forward.(I think a side needs 2 real rucks to win the big games).
    Last edited by Scottee; 26th November 2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Repetition
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    I also think that there is the potential that the Mummy will be tried at FF with Pyke in the ruck due to the much improved kicking of the Mummy and his improved pack marking/abilty to bust packs up forward.(I think a side needs 2 real rucks to win the big games).
    I think that was half our problem last year. We stuck a lot of talls up there and kicked it long to a pack situation. Very one dimensional. Easiest thing for defenders to defend.

Whilst it is good to have someone who can take a pack mark or bust it open, the game has moved on and you need to find ways to get more one on one contests.

Mummy will no doubt go forward for a rest, but we must find better option than him first up. He can be your bail out when no one presents then kick it to a contest and get the mummy involved

McGlynn Walsh Morton
    O'Keefe Reid Rohan

Hanners Jack McVeigh

Matter Teddy AJ
    Shaw Grundy Smith

Mumford Goodes Kennedy

Bolton Malceski Parker Armstrong

Next in line:
    White
    Mitchell
    Lamb
    Spangher
    LRT
    TDL
    Jetta
    Bird
    Pyke

Seriously, that is hard!!
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    McGlynn Walsh Morton
    O'Keefe Reid Rohan

Hanners Jack McVeigh

Matter Teddy AJ
    Shaw Grundy Smith

Mumford Goodes Kennedy

Bolton Malceski Parker Armstrong

Next in line:
    White
    Mitchell
    Lamb
    Spangher
    LRT
    TDL
    Jetta
    Bird
    Pyke

Seriously, that is hard!!
    There is no second ruckman in this team and you have two defenders on the bench.

All of last year we went with one backman and three mid fielders on the bench

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Yes, this activity shows that we do indeed have a deep and exciting list!

Thought Brett Meredith was a bit stiff, though, to be in the "not in the running" list. Every club has a player who's the first one dumped when things go wrong and I reckon Brett Meredith is our's. I reckon he has a lot of potential but hasn't had the chance to consolidate. (My opinion of him may be influenced by the fact that he played for my local club as a junior!!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by Full Forward View Post
    I think that was half our problem last year. We stuck a lot of talls up there and kicked it long to a pack situation. Very one dimensional. Easiest thing for defenders to defend.

Whilst it is good to have someone who can take a pack mark or bust it open, the game has moved on and you need to find ways to get more one on one contests.

Mummy will no doubt go forward for a rest, but we must find better option than him first up. He can be your bail out when no one presents then kick it to a contest and get the mummy involved
    I can't wait to see what Mummy can do this year. Word is he has come back VERY fit, trim and with a good bit of speed. Now, if he can just keep those knees right... Woo hoo!!
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    I can't wait to see what Mummy can do this year. Word is he has come back VERY fit, trim and with a good bit of speed. Now, if he can just keep those knees right... Woo hoo!!
    It's not just the knees it's his tackling that is costing him games each year as well. Hopefully he has learnt.

Hope you are right about his fitness, will be a massive boost for the club. He is getting close to being as important for us as Goodsey

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Full Forward View Post

I suppose time will tell, but the size, speed and strength of the Mummy along with his goal kicking accuracy of 10 goals 2 behinds for the year is eerily reminiscent one Tony Lockett. I suppose you could say that he will be of some value down forward whether resting or with Pyke taking main ruck duties. I wouldn't be suggesting this if I wasn't a fan of Pykes ruck work. Either way it could be a good combination.

I'm not sure that we are that one dimensional in having two marking targets with the selection of quality crumbers we now have available. I actually think we now have a great list with excellent depth and there could be all sorts of forward combos taking into account the other big forwards as well.

Very happy with the list and the array of options all over the ground.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    Also, PYYYYYKE! I'd have him at least in the second category, and possibly first. He's better than White, and if he hadn't been injured for most of last season he'd have played a lot more games. He's a perfect 2nd ruckman/forward.
    Big time agree. I think he will be one of our key players this season if he stays fit.
    His ruck work is very good, he can kick a good goal and is very competative.
    Last edited by Big Al; 27th November 2011 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Fixed Quote

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast