Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SCG Redevelopment Stage 2: Noble, Bradman, Messenger

Seems that I won't have a seat 2012 if the Bradman goes early. Will be interesting the order of demolition and construction... Whilst I sit with my wife and are a group of 2, we have about 10 that like to sit together. I would not be happy just to be moved without consultation. Or more over sit "where ever" they feel...

Just a little voice making a point!

Sheed's must be rubbing his hands in anticipation. Swans members that don't have seats..

Rod_

On the Rookie List
    Shivers, I hope this doesnt effect membership numbers, but it no doubt will though. The club has such a good campaign for its membership drive in 2012.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    Sheed's must be rubbing his hands in anticipation. Swans members that don't have seats.
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Shivers, I hope this doesnt effect membership numbers, but it no doubt will though.
    I don't think we'll lose any members over the re-development, especially to the Giants. I just can't see disgruntled members from the affected areas packing themselves off to the Sydney Showground. It would be a pretty poor show if they did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Well... it is the Sydney CRICKET Ground. I am happy to criticise the SCG Trust for many things, but prioritising the cricket season isn't one of them.
    I'm with you Kirkari, sometimes I think we get just a little wrapped up in our own self importance!

I am starting to feel very very sorry for Jenny right about now.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    I don't think we'll lose any members over the re-development, especially to the Giants. I just can't see disgruntled members from the affected areas packing themselves off to the Sydney Showground. It would be a pretty poor show if they did.
    It would be disgusting if anyone did that. Anyway people affected will be moved to a modern stand for 2 seasons and then moved back to a stand with brilliant facilities so I don't get why anyone would be overly upset by all this. When it's the Brewongles turn I'll put up with a bit of inconvenience to get better facilities.
    Last edited by Big Al; 5th January 2012 at 07:29 AM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Happy and I know it

Pushing for Selection
    I too sit in the Bradman stand with two family members but they sit in front of me as when I joined the seats next to them were taken (still are). I'm hoping the Bradman will be last to go as the visitors facilities are located there and new facilities would have to made available to them before any demolishment takes place. Though if Messenger goes first then the main scoreboard will go.

Also the Moore Park entrance will also be affected given its proximity to those stands.

I wonder when if they will close the Moore Park entrance close given the tunnel runs through the Messenger Stand.

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Thankfully Ireland hasn't taken the whinging path Cordy has in this article. As Kirkari said the SCG trust can be rightly criticised about a lot of things but prioritising cricket isn't one of them.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Honestly...redevelopment of the SCG can only be seen as a positive! Yes there will be disruptions but we must look at the bigger picture! I am waiting for them to do up The O'Reilly Stand next! Bring it on!
    Swannies for life!

The Cricket show today showed the animated walk through the new stand. Looks absolutely amazing and will be such a bonus when finished.

The screens in the animation showed both cricket and the Swans playing. If anyone wants to see the video, go to http://www.sydneycricketground.com.au/ and have a look at it. Down bottom right corner of webpage.

Whilst you're there have a note of all the Swans fixtures being advertised on the bottom of the page for those that say the Trust ignores AFL.

It will make a great after match function area when its finished.

Progress !!!! Now if they could only pull down those old buildings next to it !
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Happy and I know it
    Wow! Looks amazing.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast