Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2005 Revisited

Quote Originally Posted by King Roosy View Post

Although I do regard the semi against Geelong as the better game.

Anthony Hudson stamped himself as one of the game's best commentators that night.
    The first 3 qtrs of the Cats game were diabolical as a spectacle with the game only coming alive in the last qtr.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I only ever watch the third and fourth quarter. Third to remind me of how crap we were playing. Fourth to soar and enjoy the fight.

Reminds me of being there and wonder why I had paid the money. Handicapped lad sitting behind me put it into words very succinctly I thought, at the half time break.

Not Happy Swans!!!

Probably why we relish the game as being brilliant because we had the worst and the best all in one event.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

The crankiest I've ever been at a footy match was 3/4 time at that 05 Semi and the 2nd Qtr of the 06 Grand Final (witnesses on here can attest to my mood on the latter). Funny how footy can drag you down one minute and lift you up moments later.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

On the Rookie List
    I am always stunned by the efforts of Fosdike in 05 and how he was robbed of the Norm Smith and the mercurial play of Amon Buchanan in 06 and how he was robbed of the Norm Smith too! Poor decision each year!

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King Roosy View Post
    I was so emotional after our Grand Final win.

One of the only times I've shed tears after a football match.

It was such an unbelievable day, I can't believe 7 years has passed since then.

Anthony Hudson stamped himself as one of the game's best commentators that night.

Agree completely. In fact, I still cry when I watch the end of the Grand Final.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

Up There For Sydney! Adelaide Swan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    So do I.

I still quote Stephen Quartermain's call when Leo Barry took that mark and when the siren went.

Every time I put that DVD on I still get pumped thinking it's 2005 again.

Quote Originally Posted by BeeEmmAre View Post
    Funnily enough that's not the bit where I get "emotional". I lose it at the "Here it Is" part of the celebrations.

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    I never get tired of watching the 4th quarter of the PF. I seriously couldn't believe how dominant we were. Literrally everything we did in that quarter turned to gold.
    Some of the most exhilarating football i have ever seen. Being amongst a whole heap of fanatical swans supporters watching the big screen at Club Swans and then after the win heading straight to the SCG to line up for GF tickets....amazing night.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    I never get tired of watching the 4th quarter of the PF. I seriously couldn't believe how dominant we were. Literrally everything we did in that quarter turned to gold.
    Some of the most exhilarating football i have ever seen. Being amongst a whole heap of fanatical swans supporters watching the big screen at Club Swans and then after the win heading straight to the SCG to line up for GF tickets....amazing night.
    I was part of the incredible red and white contingent behind the goals that night and then caught the 6am flight back to line up. The following day I saw the Wests Tigers beat the Broncos at the SFS.

The best sporting weekend of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by desredandwhite View Post
    I think we let the wrong hobbit go in hindsight. At the time, Monty was perceived to have a better work ethic and the two of them were competing for a single spot. Much as Monty was very slightly my favourite at that stage, methinks hanging on to Schneider would have been a better move.

Still, what happens happens, and who's to say Schneider would have rejuvenated his career like he has, if he had stayed.

I read an article in which Roos says he didn't want Schneiderman to go but we had salary cap problems at the time and one of the players who were on good money had to go. Schneider was the victim of the cap. The Saints were very keen on Schneider so the club shafted him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post

That night was one of the most funnest nights I've had, everyone was soooooo happy, excited and just a tad surprised to be there. If I recall correctly, it was drizzling rain early that sunday morning (even though Sydney was in the grip of drought) but it didn't dampen the mood!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Funnily enough that's not the bit where I get "emotional". I lose it at the "Here it Is" part of the celebrations.
    Know exactly how you feel, Big Al! I have son with autism who's largely non verbal but he can recite that part of Roosy's speech with appropriate expression and hand gestures!With what Roosy said and my son joining in, it's time for the tissues!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast