Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Signs in the crowd

there was a sign in the crowd at the 05 Semi Final "Nick Davis come to Savis" or something like that - never a truer word!!!

I have never watched the WC Swans final in 05 - that is still in pristine condition - and I only watched by default the '06 granny on foxtel last year ans I still felt gutted at the end of it - so that is a "never to seen again" game.

I will always remember the night we beat WC in '06 by a point and magic has his rave at the WC cheer squad - I was at the Southgate Inn in Tamworth for a mates 40th - I asked the chap in the front bar to put it on just for the last quarter - the other patrons were none too pleased - so I used my girly charms, bought them a round of beers and they watched the last quarter with me!
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

The pig with plugger's number on it was pretty good. Maybe not a crowd banner but it was released by the Swans faithful, little did we know then that he would be playing for us.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    All of you who won't watch the 2005 Qualifying Final against West coast are depriving yourself of a little bit of AFL history. The WORST umpiring decision EVER is in that game!

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    Jack the giant killer
    Nice.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    All of you who won't watch the 2005 Qualifying Final against West coast are depriving yourself of a little bit of AFL history. The WORST umpiring decision EVER is in that game!
    However the best outcome (other than the fact that we lost the game unfairly) was that the ump involved was dropped from the GF . Suck on that you maggott!!!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Refresh my memory.

Is it worse than many of those in the 2011 game against Freo?

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Suck on that you maggott!!!
    Wow Primmy. Go get em girl !!!!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Refresh my memory.

Is it worse than many of those in the 2011 game against Freo?
    The ludicrous free kick against Leo Barry for making contact with an Eagle player who was standing on the mark when we had possession in the last quarter of the 2005 QF cost us a goal, cost us the game and forced us into a situation where we needed to win 3 games in a row to win the Premiership. Fortunately, the mighty Bloods were up to the task!!!!

For sheer impact on a team's Premiership aspirations, that decision was the worst of all time, although I've got to agree that our treatment by the umps in the 2011 game against Freo was disgraceful. 7 Docker goals from free kicks, wasn't it?

I thought the point called a goal that cost us the 2006 GF was pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I thought the point called a goal that cost us the 2006 GF was pretty bad
    The loss was our fault pure and simple. We didn't turn up to play with the right attitude. Brave comeback but it should never have come to that.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the wing
    The ludicrous free kick against Leo Barry for making contact with an Eagle player who was standing on the mark when we had possession in the last quarter of the 2005 QF cost us a goal, cost us the game and forced us into a situation where we needed to win 3 games in a row to win the Premiership. Fortunately, the mighty Bloods were up to the task!!!!

For sheer impact on a team's Premiership aspirations, that decision was the worst of all time, although I've got to agree that our treatment by the umps in the 2011 game against Freo was disgraceful. 7 Docker goals from free kicks, wasn't it?
    I call it the "Stenglein decision" and refer to it often to my West Coast mates when they start getting high and mighty. Usually when they start wanking on about how they should have won in 05. I point out to them that if it wasn't for the Stenglein decision they would not have even made the Grand Final. If they had lost the QF they would have had to have played Adelaide in Adelaide. Instead they got another home final which is always heavily in their favour. Was at that game and (except for the result and the joyous relief of the WCE supporters) enjoyed the suffering of the WCE fans for most of the game. It was a game they thought arrogantly they would just waltz in. At the 14 minute mark of the last Q they were @@@@ting themselves, looking at each other with perplexed looks that said "we can't win this". A memory I will never forget. They just couldn't get it through their thick skulls - the easy beats weren't lying down and dying. But unfortunately two things happened - LRT did a dreadful kick that was supposed to go to Benny , the deplorable Hunter marked and goaled and then the "Stenglein decision".

I don't think I've watched that QF replay on DVD since 2005...... but I did watch it to try and see myself in the crowd, had good spot on the boundary for that game. think I lost my voice from memory.
    Swannies haiku
    Harbour with white swan
    The flag shall be yours again
    Destiny repeats

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast