Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Signs in the crowd

Quote Originally Posted by Provost View Post
    I don't think I've watched that QF replay on DVD since 2005...... but I did watch it to try and see myself in the crowd, had good spot on the boundary for that game. think I lost my voice from memory.
    I like to check for myself in the crowd - but like to vet it before I tell anyone else. For instance, I can clearly be seen in the game against Wet Coke last year at Subiaco turning round late on and giving a gobful to the really annoying west coast fan seated just behind me - thus I haven't told anyone that you can see me in it!

and for the record, I'm in the club of people that have never watched that QF dvd from the victory pack. Can't bring myself to do so. However, before the beginning of the new season, I have little doubt that the other three DVD's will get a run out to get the blood pumping!

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I like to check for myself in the crowd - but like to vet it before I tell anyone else. For instance, I can clearly be seen in the game against Wet Coke last year at Subiaco turning round late on and giving a gobful to the really annoying west coast fan seated just behind me - thus I haven't told anyone that you can see me in it!

and for the record, I'm in the club of people that have never watched that QF dvd from the victory pack. Can't bring myself to do so. However, before the beginning of the new season, I have little doubt that the other three DVD's will get a run out to get the blood pumping!
    I bought the pack from the Swans website late last year and watched every finals game leading to the GF. I was ripe and ready for the GF replay and was enjoying the contest until 1/4 time when the DVD skipped to the very end minute. I tried it on several DVD players and it was the same. I have 3 missing quarters from our Premiership and cant do anything about it!!! (Leo Barry - you star!)

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    One of my all time favourite signs is "Nick Davis come to save us" - I've only ever seen it at THAT game, and it could not have been more appropriate.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    One of my all time favourite signs is "Nick Davis come to save us" - I've only ever seen it at THAT game, and it could not have been more appropriate.
    That sign always makes me smile.... someone must have had a premonition of what was going to happen that night. It is one of the great lasting images in my mind! (alongside that mark in the GF, and Micky O's celebration at Subiaco in 2006)

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post

I was in the Cheer Squad in the 70's and I would inevitably be told by half a dozen people each week that they saw me on the TV at the footy.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123