Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Membership

Goes up to 11
    Given we are still well over a month out from our first home game, I don't see why people are panicking at this stage. Mailings of any large numbers are almost always done in tranches by mailhouses, normally with a bit of a gap between each which would be so that the membership department is not overwhelmed with calls if all packs arrived on the same day. Yes I got my pack over a week ago so am quite happy, but I would allow another week or two for all packs to be sent out before I got too edgy. Just my opinion but I do organise the odd mass-mailing of information in my job and they are normally spread out over some weeks so as to be manageable.

I'm just happy I got mine in the first round.
    Normally, I'm the last one on the panic merchant merry-go-round.
    I feel for those still waiting ... don't worry, it'll all arrive in time.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

A little bit of membership-related advice required here ...

The family and I have just relocated back to Sydney after being away for 10 years. In the past my wife and I have been Melbourne-based members and then kids happened (Deb had to leave before the first bounce at the '06 Granny with a crying baby!). Whenever we were visiting Sydney I would go to Swans games in the SCG Members with the in-laws. However, now that the kids are a bit older and we are back here full time we want to get some form of family membership.

The family consists of the wife and I, two girls aged 5 and 4, and a 6 month old baby boy.

Assuming money wasn't too much of an issue is there a particular membership/section of the SCG that anybody can recommend. Positive and negative suggestions welcome!!
    And the man who started it all, the Schneiderman . . . . .

Hi All,

Apologies for not keeping up with the thread over the last week. Things get a little crazy over here at this time of year!

Wolftone - I've just checked your file and your card has been printed. We had a slight delay with Red Zone cards as I wanted to triple check the cards all came out correctly with the new seating information. Now it has been printed, it should be with you any day.

Pet memberships are being posted out today by our Melbourne office, so these will also arrive very soon. SwansRob, make sure you check your pet's letterbox!

Claret, great to have you back on board! I'm sure everyone will be able to offer some great suggestions for your family. Once you've settled on an area of the ground, just give us a call and we can have a look at what we have available for you. I love the atmosphere of the O'Reilly Stand myself, but that is just personal preference!

On another note, if anyone is heading to Bruce Purser Reserve this Saturday, bring your redemption vouchers to collect your caps and other membership benefits. We're only taking limited stock, so make sure you come and visit us early in the night!

Thanks all,

Jenny

Thanks Jen yeh!! On the way!! I can start to organise my mates and the games they can attend. Some of them work during some of the Swans games unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post

On another note, if anyone is heading to Bruce Purser Reserve this Saturday, bring your redemption vouchers to collect your caps and other membership benefits. We're only taking limited stock, so make sure you come and visit us early in the night!

Jenny
    Great news got tickets for Sat night. Will bring the redemption vouchers

I have been relocated from Bradman Stand to Trumper stand, but also have not received my membership as yet. Can I expect it in a short while or should I be worried?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenny View Post
    Pet memberships are being posted out today by our Melbourne office, so these will also arrive very soon. SwansRob, make sure you check your pet's letterbox!
    Great news - thanks Jenny!

I didn't realise that the club seriously did Pet Memberships! I have a pussy and he is a fan but unfortunately he is more of a Dr Who fan than a footy fan. He likes watching the footy on the big flat screen and chasing it but he loves the DR Who music. Funny really.

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    I have been relocated from Bradman Stand to Trumper stand, but also have not received my membership as yet. Can I expect it in a short while or should I be worried?
    Hi Yvonne, can you please send me a message with your surname? I'll have a look for you and let you know when it should arrive. The majority of the reserved seat redevelopment member cards were printed last Monday, so it shouldn't be too far away at all.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I didn't realise that the club seriously did Pet Memberships! I have a pussy and he is a fan but unfortunately he is more of a Dr Who fan than a footy fan. He likes watching the footy on the big flat screen and chasing it but he loves the DR Who music. Funny really.
    Does that mean we can bring the pig in at full forward again?

Wolftone, the music is obvious. He thinks it's an owl !
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Claret View Post
    Assuming money wasn't too much of an issue is there a particular membership/section of the SCG that anybody can recommend. Positive and negative suggestions welcome!!
    As a family membership holder I know the difficulties of bringing kids (in our case Grandkids) to the footy. One of the issues at the SCG is that there are not many places to go when the kids get jumpy or bub needs a feed. The old red zone was great for that because of the grass or tennis courts behind the members stand. The only other stand with any room/space for kids to stretch their legs behind it is now the Trumper (unless you can get in the members). Best seats (no sun) are the new red zone, also provides stand seating at concourse price. The kicker of course is that to get a decent seat you cannot arrive just on game time - you need to be at least an hour before ball up.
    Pay peanuts get monkeys