Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: Membership

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I didn't even realize that you can take the gamble and upgrade mid-season (stands to reason if they haven't filled their quota of X premiership members, I guess).
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Bumping up an oldie. Hoping not to jinx us but, forever the optimist, I am upgrading my membership to Premiership Club. Don't want to miss out should we make it.

The good news is that I have a 100 per cent record for picking GF appearances. Also upgraded in 05 and 06.
    Thanks - I was talking about upgrading on the weekend but forgot. You reminded me so I've done it too. See you there for the big one!

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    From the email for those that did not receive:

The Sydney Swans are happy to announce that Full Blooded Red Zone, Full Blooded Gold and Full Blooded Platinum members are still able to purchase a Premiership Club add-on to their membership. For as little as $85 for an adult, $80 for a concession and $50 for a junior, as well as family package options, you can lock in your spot to cheer on the Sydney Swans should they qualify for the 2012 AFL Grand Final.

That what they mean by strike when the iron is hot. Some losses in the next few games and the hype will be lost.

They should have charged extra for the upgrade during mid season.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Agreed. They should charge more for the "member bandwagoners".
    Ye of little faith.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post
    They should have charged extra for the upgrade during mid season.
    Absolutely. I always get a premiership club add on at the start and it's a little unfair that people can just take a wait and see approach then slap down exactly the same amount of money I paid. Granted, I'm pleased this is what people are doing but I definitely think they should be much more expensive, only to prevent more people from taking a wait and see approach in future years.
    Last edited by Danzar; 13th July 2012 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Unecessary text quoted
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    Absolutely. I always get a premiership club add on at the start and it's a little unfair that people can just take a wait and see approach then slap down exactly the same amount of money I paid. Granted, I'm pleased this is what people are doing but I definitely think they should be much more expensive, only to prevent more people from taking a wait and see approach in future years.
    Fair point. Not sure about other packages but the Full Blooded Gold membership (Victorian) was $80 cheaper than a Premiership Club Gold membership (Victorian) as a renewal option. The upgrade was $85, so there is a small premium on top.

The good news (for the club) is that it is all extra money going straight into their pockets. The not-so-good news for non-upgrading members is that, I presume, each upgrade sold will represent one less in the ballot for allocated tickets should we make the big one.

But of course, we should not get ahead of ourselves. At the end of the day it is a gamble of sorts.

If many are choosing to take that gamble as I suspect there will be, maybe Tom Waterhouse is subliminally getting into our heads.

Veterans List
    I was a Premiership Club member for a decade until the past few years when I've been guaranteed a GF ticket and September Club entry as my partner's handbag. But she's changed jobs since I renewed my membership late last year, hence the need for a mid-season purchase. Thank you my club for extending the courtesy.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314