Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Membership

Membership

I have signed up for Pay by the Month Membership. The problem is that nothing has happened. No credit card withdrawl from my account, nothing. I call the club and talk to a young bloke there who can find no record of my transaction but asks me if I was called. I tell him yes and he says he can't follow up on that but if nothing has happened in a week to call back. Is this a normal practice? Maybe one of the staff that monitor this site can tell me! I find it quite strange and would like to find out what is happening with my membership but now I feel sensitive about calling before next Monday.

Tony

Senior Player
    I did pay by the month back in 2010 and was all smooth. Until my credit card expired, but that's another story!

My wife and I paid by the month until she was advised that she hadn't paid. Bottom line was a lot of phone calls and angst. Eventually I went in Swans office and sorted it out.

Seems the system only (at that time) allowed for one member paid against a single credit card... I recall that the system thought we were being charged a double payment and rejected the second transaction... I think they changed the date of one of the payment and resolved this issue....

Once set up we are happy.

Pity we don't have a seat to sit in, given the stadium / building we sit in will be demolished soon. But I guess we will be told soon... :-~

Rod_

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    I did pay by the month back in 2010 and was all smooth. Until my credit card expired, but that's another story!
    I'm going to have the c/c prob during the year so i hope it wasn't too bad!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I'm going to have the c/c prob during the year so i hope it wasn't too bad!
    The new system allows you to change the date on line so those cc issues of the past won't happen.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Thanks Al I called the Membership Dept back and talked to Sam and she told me the Manager id following it up and it should be through by tomorrow. Yew Bute

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    Thanks Al I called the Membership Dept back and talked to Sam and she told me the Manager id following it up and it should be through by tomorrow. Yew Bute
    Hi Wolftone57,

Sam just let me know about your membership. We're just following it up now, so should have some more information for you very soon.

Thanks,
    Jenny

Quote Originally Posted by Rod_ View Post
    My wife and I paid by the month until she was advised that she hadn't paid. Bottom line was a lot of phone calls and angst. Eventually I went in Swans office and sorted it out.

Seems the system only (at that time) allowed for one member paid against a single credit card... I recall that the system thought we were being charged a double payment and rejected the second transaction... I think they changed the date of one of the payment and resolved this issue....

Once set up we are happy.

Pity we don't have a seat to sit in, given the stadium / building we sit in will be demolished soon. But I guess we will be told soon... :-~

Rod_
    Hi Rod,

Sorry to hear about the problems you had with your wife's membership. If you ever have any problems in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Redevelopment information for reserved seat holders will be on the way to you very soon. Red Zone members received their first communication yesterday, and you're up next! Should be in the next few days!

Thanks,
    Jenny

Tony,

You're not the only one who has had trouble with smart-pay membership renewals. I changed my credit card last year (and charges went through OK thereafter). But for some unexplained reason when this year's payment plan began, Ticketek's system did not renew my membership.

I received multiple calls from an "outsourced" company asking why I hadnt renewed. Each time I told them I had, reminded them I changed my credit card, reconfirmed same credit card, etc, etc. After a number of calls from them, I became utterly frustrated and decided to contact the membership department directly to sort it all out. The membership department was great and confirmed my renewal on the spot. Interestingly, Ticketek are still trying to contact me saying I havent renewed - even though my payment has been processed some time ago.

I dont know this for sure but it seems to me like Ticketek are making a dog's breakfast out of the renewal process while the membership department are doing a great job cleaning up Ticketek's mess. Unfortunately however, I wouldnt be surprised if there are a number of other members like me who think they have renewed and get to the start of the the season and realise their memberships have been cancelled.

So my advice to you and to anyone else in the same boat is to call the membership department directly, they are fantastic and will be able to sort things out quickly.

Senior Player
    On a slightly different note, when do we expect to start seeing membership packs hit our mailboxes?

iigrover, apologies to you also for the issues you had with your membership. As always if you do have any concerns, make sure you get in touch. We should be able to sort out any confusion for you straight away.
    Most payment plans rolled over without any problems, but there appears to have been a few where credit card details were not transferred correctly. Like you, these members have now been contacted either via email or by the external call centre, so we should have been in touch with everyone now.
    I apologise if the call centre were not easy to deal with. I'll be sure to pass that feedback on, but I'm glad to here our team were able to sort everything out for you.

swansrob, I've just got the membership card samples back this afternoon, and they are now ready to go! Our next step is to press 'print', so we hope packs will start to hit households next week. We were hoping to have these out a little earlier, but unfortunately, the redevelopment announcement meant our attention has been elsewhere!

Thanks all,

Jenny

Thanks Jenny, Sam was wonderful in working out my problem. The young guy from the Outsource Company, Tickatek?, gave me the incorrect information. He told me memberships began in December not November so the amount he told me was $38.16. In fact it should have been $57.24 and as a Pensioner I only left enough to cover the transaction in my transaction account. If the outsource company gave their staff the correct information this could have been avoided.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast