Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2012 season and recruiting

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Mark Maher and Chris Lees to Camden. Pretty handy recruits.
    The 3 or so guys who missed a premiership because of Glenns friend Mark Maher coming back in would not like seeing this.

Why would he drop down that low - the chance of playing at a higher level surely would appeal.

Maybe fitness??

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Carn the Lions View Post
    The 3 or so guys who missed a premiership because of Glenns friend Mark Maher coming back in would not like seeing this.

Why would he drop down that low - the chance of playing at a higher level surely would appeal.

Maybe fitness??
    I'm not sure how three guys miss out on a grand final for one inclusion... ?

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    I'm not sure how three guys miss out on a grand final for one inclusion... ?
    Three Grand Finals I'd be guessing

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by ShortHalfHead View Post
    Three Grand Finals I'd be guessing
    He didn't play in all three.

Quote Originally Posted by Carn the Lions View Post

Maybe fitness??
    Why not? Maybe just wants to train one night a week, maybe wants to have a social kick with some mates, maybe had enough of the top level. Can't see Camden being flush with cash so not like he's in it for the $$$$. Will be good to see a Premier player in Div 2...as long as he's quiet against us!

On the Rookie List
    Carn The Lions.
    I normally don't pay much attention to much jibber that goes on here but this made me bite.
    I clearly wasnt on the selection panel for the GF champion and was actually expecting to be wearing the lime greens.
    Playing at NEAFL level should be appealing to any player. But the drive to play at that level for me isn't there. I have things away from footy going on that have taken priority in my life this year.
    If you think fitness was the only reason for leaving that's a good joke. I'd be the first bloke to tell you my fitness is sh#!house but with the pre-season they were doing my fitness would have been the best in years.
    Pekay youre on the money, Im not in it for the $$$ or I probably would of been at Campbelltown, this year is really to have a social kick with mates that I have known for years, relax and enjoy it and hopefully get the drive back to challenge myself at a higher level again.
    The Eagles were great to me over the 4years I spent there and I am truely greatful. The people I have spoken to have wished me well, understand and support my decision.
    So Carn the Lions hopefully instead of worrying about the positive things happening for other clubs how about you worry about yours and maybe you guys will play finals footy.
    Come down to Harrington Park Round 1 if you want and we can continue this chat..

Warming the Bench
    Great to see a young gun wanting to have a kick with his Mates rather than sitting out the season . Good luck to you Mark and i look foward to seeing you back at the Eagles in future seasons

I note that Mark Leach has moved to WA. Anyone know what Club in the Amateur League?

For your info, 2 ex Sydney boys playing at North Beach this year- David Martin ex North Shore and Ryan Underwood (ex St George and UNSWES).

Great club, very very social and a very high standard of footy.

Anyone coming to the Golden West is more than welcome at "The Beach".

Cheers
    TRUSTY

Warming the Bench
    Are you still putting the boots on TRUSTY?

Quote Originally Posted by M_Maher View Post
    Carn The Lions.
    I normally don't pay much attention to much jibber that goes on here but this made me bite.
    I clearly wasnt on the selection panel for the GF champion and was actually expecting to be wearing the lime greens.
    Playing at NEAFL level should be appealing to any player. But the drive to play at that level for me isn't there. I have things away from footy going on that have taken priority in my life this year.
    If you think fitness was the only reason for leaving that's a good joke. I'd be the first bloke to tell you my fitness is sh#!house but with the pre-season they were doing my fitness would have been the best in years.
    Pekay youre on the money, Im not in it for the $$$ or I probably would of been at Campbelltown, this year is really to have a social kick with mates that I have known for years, relax and enjoy it and hopefully get the drive back to challenge myself at a higher level again.
    The Eagles were great to me over the 4years I spent there and I am truely greatful. The people I have spoken to have wished me well, understand and support my decision.
    So Carn the Lions hopefully instead of worrying about the positive things happening for other clubs how about you worry about yours and maybe you guys will play finals footy.
    Come down to Harrington Park Round 1 if you want and we can continue this chat..
    So your not getting any $$$ to play at Camden???

Thats hard to fathom.

And everyone knows you werent on the selection committe. Going through the records you didnt play a game for while and then brought into a pretty much undefeated team for the GF. Join the dots there....

Not great loyalty

And dont worry about the Lions, new coach, new skipper and exciting times. We will be in the ball park. People always right us off but have a great new direction and will push finals this year.

Why the hostility towards Mark and Camden Carn the lions?
    We are trying to improve our footy club and change our recent history just like you guys so why is that a bad thing?
    We are extremely happy to have a footballer of Marks ability on board. He is great mates with players from our club and has been fantastic for our more inexperienced guys in his short time there.
    Guys like Chivas and Edwards went from premier league to div 2 last year and no one questioned them.
    I hope you are right and you guys improve and push for finals this year but don't knock other clubs for trying to do the same thing

Warming the Bench
    That's not entirely true Digger, the question was asked this time last year about Chivas and Edwards, and the answer was similar, neither was getting paid and both had returned as the club had gotten its act together off-field and they were happy not having the same level of travel or commitment.

Good luck to Camden, great to see them taking steps to improve their playing stocks, and similarly the Lions.

Frankly, this thread would be far more interesting if people were able to offer up some assessments of their comings and goings and how they thought their clubs were shaping up rather than the sniping and secrecy that seems to prevail.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast