Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 88

Thread: Swans Intra-Club Game - Friday 17th February 2012

  1. #1
    Veterans List Bas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Gosford - Central Coast
    Posts
    4,456

    Swans Intra-Club Game - Friday 17th February 2012

    I saw the paper this morning and thought I had missed the game but did some more searching after Primmy mentioned it was on next week.

    Yesterday was a 40 minute training session but the proper one is next Friday.

    Who is going? Probably be a 9am start I imagine as it started about that time last year.

    GWS held their intra-club match at Lakeside yesterday and that started at 6:30 pm.

    I should be able to get there and take some piccies. Mainly of the disguises of other RWO people who are taking the day off work.

    Perhaps a competition and prize for most creative.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

  2. #2
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I saw the paper this morning and thought I had missed the game but did some more searching after Primmy mentioned it was on next week.

    Yesterday was a 40 minute training session but the proper one is next Friday.

    Who is going? Probably be a 9am start I imagine as it started about that time last year.

    GWS held their intra-club match at Lakeside yesterday and that started at 6:30 pm.

    I should be able to get there and take some piccies. Mainly of the disguises of other RWO people who are taking the day off work.

    Perhaps a competition and prize for most creative.
    I'll be the one in the Swans cap!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    I'll be the one in the Swans cap!
    I'll be in the other swans cap... the one with red and....white

    Cheers

    waz

  4. #4
    Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chucked into the ruck
    Posts
    11,705
    Since I'll be in disguise, I'll have my GWS cap on.

    I think the players come out and do some laps and/or training drills at 9ish but the match tends to start later.

  5. #5
    Veterans List Big Al's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    GWS
    Posts
    6,948
    I need suggestions of some creative excuses to give my boss for Friday's game. If I tell him I want time off to watch the Swans play themselves his eyes will glaze over and he'll just say "see you in the office at 9am"
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

    Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

  6. #6
    Veteran Site Admin
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    11,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I need suggestions of some creative excuses to give my boss for Friday's game. If I tell him I want time off to watch the Swans play themselves his eyes will glaze over and he'll just say "see you in the office at 9am"
    Time to get yourself a new boss!! I have mine fully trained to know that if she wants to get the best out of me, she needs to work around my Swans obsession.

  7. #7
    Bandicoots ears satchmopugdog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ulverstone Tasmania
    Posts
    3,631
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Time to get yourself a new boss!! I have mine fully trained to know that if she wants to get the best out of me, she needs to work around my Swans obsession.
    Have always loved your work Liz!!!!!!!!!!!! This is priceless
    "The Dog days are over, The Dog days are gone" Florence and the Machine

  8. #8
    Proud Tragic Swan Primmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    On the Move!
    Posts
    5,633
    I'll be in disguise. I'll be in a WHITE and red cap.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

  9. #9
    Senior Player wolftone57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Lilyfield
    Posts
    3,349
    Where is the notice for the Intra-Club match? I have looked all over the Swans site and can't find it anywhere. I would love to go as I have nothing to do that day.

  10. #10
    The old Boiler! Wardy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Blissful Delirium
    Posts
    5,740
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I need suggestions of some creative excuses to give my boss for Friday's game. If I tell him I want time off to watch the Swans play themselves his eyes will glaze over and he'll just say "see you in the office at 9am"
    A good dose of "food poisoning" might do the trick (so get something exotic for lunch on thursday make sure the boss see's it and then he will know that its legit - just dont mention footy in way shape or form!)
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

  11. #11
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,455
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    I need suggestions of some creative excuses to give my boss for Friday's game. If I tell him I want time off to watch the Swans play themselves his eyes will glaze over and he'll just say "see you in the office at 9am"
    Tell him the Swans want to make a presentation to you for your continuing loyalty. And this is the best time for them (Friday).
    We'll find someone in the RWOers present to give you a used cap or something (not a 2005 one tho), and someone will vid it on their phone for you!

  12. #12
    Proud Tragic Swan Primmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    On the Move!
    Posts
    5,633
    Wear long pants, no one will recognise you then!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO