Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Swans Intra-Club Game - Friday 17th February 2012

Just wild about Harry
    Thanks to those who are our 'eyes and ears' today. Can anybody provide a bit of a rundown on who did what today, please?

Veterans List
    Thanks for the teasers from this morning's intra. Great to hear KJ shone, hoping for a repeat or even improvement on 2010 from him and that would be a bonus.

I trust some of the hardened watchers will provide a full unbiased report on proceedings. I'll go and mow the lawns whilst you pen your reports!

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quick thoughts

Firstly I hate watching from this ground as there is no elevation and it's hard to make out play far away. It didn't help that there multiple 19 and 22 jumpers in the yellow team
    McGlynn was very good running through the midfield
    Goodes is looking supremely fit, started forward but rotated on ball as well
    Reid has added bulk and took some nice grabs although Teddy played well on him too

The forward line for the yellows looked to be Goodes, Reid, Rohan and Morton and one suspects this will be the setup. How Walsh fits into this I'm not sure
    Mummy rucked for the whole of the first half against Pyke and seaby. Seaby swapped teams in the second half to Ruck against pyke
    Aj holding down a key position and did some nice stuff under pressure
    Jesse has a new leg tatt I've been told its of a skull and flowers ?!
    Lockyer was on a wing against everitt. They see him as a running player
    Mal did some nice things but also some poor things
    McNeil played a heap onball even opposed goodes on some occasions

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    McGlynn was very good running through the midfield
    Goodes is looking supremely fit, started forward but rotated on ball as well
    McGlynn + Goodesy both looked superb.

Wouldn't be surprised if AJ is in the leadership group in a year or so, was barking out instructions pretty confidently today.

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cant turn right View Post
    Great pics thx CTR.

Anyone notice Cunningham at all ?

Veteran Site Admin
    Fair number of players were "missing" - some not completely missing as they were seen running laps at various degrees of intensity. Those not taking part included
    ROK
    Spangher
    TDL
    LRT
    Hanners
    Lynch
    Walsh
    Armstrong
    Mitchell
    Brown
    Kruger

The standouts for me were McVeigh and McGlynn. Bird started very well but was less involved as the game went on. Jack started quietly but really came into it during the second and third "thirds". Malceski was also very busy (and I didn't see too much of the "bad" stuff that Ugg referred to). And Moore got very involved too, around the half-forward line, with his excellent footy brain on show. Reid's marking was as graceful as last year but his goal conversion was, unfortunately, also similar to what we have come to expect.

Thanks for the reports and pix. I was hoping we'd get a glimpse of Armstrong.

Any sign of Lamb?

Liz I saw TDL in a couple of photos. So he was out there but no-one seems to noticed.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Warming the Bench Cant turn right's Avatar
    Armstrong was running laps. TDL came on in the 2nd half and didn't do anything flashy. He did lay a few tackles though and so here's hoping that's a good sign for him for this year.

That was fun. The air was full of the noises of crickets - nahh, it was lens shutters - and faintly blue language, especially from the coaching staff.

A flock of R&Wers gathered to the fray. Observations -

. Who Was That Guy honours taken by Jordan Lockyer.
    . Sam Reid no longer looks like a choir boy and can still take one of "those" marks.
    . Kizza has a take no prisoners approach even amongst his fellow teammates
    . Tommy Walsh didn't play but he ran laps with Jackson Potter. It was poetry in motion. I have never seen such beautiful builds. Both of them. I had Bas shutterbugging like mad, so there should be some evidence posted. Who cares if they can't play. (nice to know I am not dead yet).
    . the Strut and LRT "ran" the water.
    . I think McLean was the ump
    . Nipper is making big strides.
    . Ted has taken charge of the backline and worked like it mattered.
    . Doggy is a little general. Royboy and I agree he will be coaching one day. He is a natural organiser. He has also shaved some cm's off his width.
    . Mummy is Mummy.
    . Rather taken with Everitt, he appears to have starved himself and is showing some hunger.
    . Mal is spoiling as well as marking (like Ted can).
    . Before the game a black spot was set up between the posts and a series of hands up black markers (man height) set into the ground. Obviously kicking practice utensils.
    . Liked the look of Mitch Morton.
    . Macca is Back.
    . Adam is as elegent and "no fixed address" as ever.
    . Fascinating to watch Joey in action. He is rather tall and still able to grab and kick within a pack very effectively.
    . No worries about Jude. He is still Jude.
    . Peb wasn't on deck.
    . I once said that Hanners could run and talk at the same time. It is obviously a skill he has honed to a fine art. He is all sinue and muscle, kindly running without a shirt, but he was still talking ten to the dozen.
    . Shaw has a bulldog voice that reminded me of Hall, you can hear it for long distances.
    . Jetts has not put on any weight. He is so narrow!
    . Marty is a very very good player.

Observation. If the boys now tried to get into the short shorts of yesteryear they would fail. I note that the general arse width nowadays is much more of the Plugger mould, which means great core strength and probably great running strength.
    If I think of anyone else, I'll let you know.
    Last edited by Primmy; 17th February 2012 at 01:56 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Cant turn right View Post
    Cracking lot of shots there.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast